Table of Contents
Bharat Mandapam, also called‘ culture corridor’, will be showcasing diverse traditions from 29 countries, which also includes India. The 27-feet-tall ‘Nataraja’ statue made of ‘Ashtadhatu’ is installed at the Bharat Mandapam where the G20 summit will be held on Sept. 9 and 10, 2023. This display will encompass physical and virtual exhibitions, creating an immersive experience for visitors.
Bharat Mandapam G20 Venue 2023
India is all set to host the G20 Summit 2023 in New Delhi from September 9-10. The summit will be hosted at the state-of-the-art Bharat Mandapam Convention Centre at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. Bharat Mqndapam is the name given to the new ITPO complex. Bharat Mandapam – derives its roots from Lord Basaveshwara’s idea of Anubhav Mandapam, which was a pavilion for public ceremonies. This complex will be available for all people and will have all the facilities to help the country achieve the goal of making a developed and modern nation.
|Important Facts About Bharat Mandapam-भारत मण्डपम्|
|Bharat Mandapam Location||Pragati Maidan|
|Structure of Bharat Mandapam is inspired from||Shape of a conch or shankh|
|Cost of Project||Rs. 2700 Crore|
|G20 Summit 2023 in Bharat Mandapam||September 9 and 10|
|Significance||International Exhibitions, Trade fairs, Conventions, Conferences and Other Important Events|
|Total Area||123 Acre|
|Seating Capacity||7000 Person|
Bharat Mandapam: Nataraja Statue
The 27-feet-tall ‘Nataraja’ statue made of ‘Ashtadhatu’ is installed at the Bharat Mandapam where the G20 Summit 2023 will be held on Sept. 9 and 10. The magnificent Nataraja statue at Bharat Mandapam brings to life aspects of our rich history and culture. As the world gathers for the G20 summit, it will stand as a testament to India’s age-old artistry and traditions.
Bharat Mandapam International Exhibition Convention Centre
Bharat Mandapam is the new name for the renovated India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) structure at Pragati Maidan. The expansive project’s goal was to update and enlarge the spaces to support bigger and more varied events. World-class amenities like exposition halls, convention centres, meeting rooms, retail establishments, hotels, and other infrastructure were planned for the new International Exhibition Convention Centre (IECC). With the renovation, Pragati Maidan would become one of the top convention and exposition venues not just in India but also worldwide.
The International Exhibition-cum-Convention Centre (IECC) project, which was created as a national initiative, renovates the old and out-of-date facilities at Pragati Maidan. The IECC complex is India’s largest MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Exhibitions) destination, with a campus area of over 123 acres. The IECC Complex is among the top exhibition and convention complexes in the world in terms of the covered space accessible for events. The recently constructed IECC complex at Pragati Maidan includes a number of cutting-edge amenities, such as a convention centre, exhibition halls, and an amphitheatre.
Read More: India’s G20 Presidency 2023
Bharat Mandapam Pragati Maidan
Bharat Mandapam, referred to as the ‘culture corridor’, will showcase diverse traditions from 29 countries, including India. The G20 Summit, scheduled for this weekend in the national capital, is a highly anticipated event featuring top world leaders, including US President Joe Biden and UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak.
The G20 Summit 2023 will be held at the International Exhibition-cum-Convention Centre (IECC) complex, also known as Bharat Mandapam, in New Delhi’s Pragati Maidan. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated this ITPO Complex on July 26 2023. Bharat Mandapam boasts state-of-the-art facilities, including a convention centre, exhibition halls, and an amphitheatre.
Read More: Xi Jinping’s Absence at G20 Summit 2023
ITPO Complex Bharat Mandapam
The ITPO Complex refers to the India Trade Promotion Organisation Complex, commonly known as Pragati Maidan. It is a significant exhibition centre and convention complex located in New Delhi, India. Established in 1972, it is managed by the India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO), which is a government agency under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, responsible for promoting India’s trade and commerce activities.
Read More: G20 THINQ Indian Navy Quiz 2023
Bharat Mandapam Features
- The Convention Center’s traditional Indian architecture reflects India’s pride and commitment to its heritage while simultaneously embracing contemporary amenities and ways of life.
- Different walls and facades of the Convention Centre Bharat Mandapam feature various representations of traditional Indian art and culture, such as
- “Surya Shakti,” which highlights India’s efforts to harness solar energy,
- “Zero to ISRO,” which celebrates our accomplishments in space, and
- “Pancha Mahabhuta,” which symbolises the elements that make up the universal foundation: Aakash (Sky), Vayu (Air), Agni (Fire), Jal (Water), Prithvi (Earth).
- The Convention Centre is also decorated with a variety of paintings and tribal artefacts from different parts of the nation.
ITPO Complex Bharat Mandapam Significance
- As the focal point of the Pragati Maidan complex, the Convention Centre Bharat Mandapam is being built. It is a magnificent architectural wonder built to hold important conferences, conventions, large-scale international exhibits, and trade fairs.
- It can accommodate a variety of events because it has a business centre, an amphitheatre, several meeting rooms, lounges, auditoriums, and more.
- Greater than the seating capacity of the renowned Sydney Opera House in Australia, it has a majestic multi-purpose hall and plenary hall with a combined capacity of 7,000 people. A seating capacity of 3,000 people is provided in its spectacular amphitheatre.
|Other Important General Awareness Articles|
|Central Vista Project||New Parliament Building|
|Amar Jawan Jyoti||Line of Control (LoC)|
|Heliopolis Memorial||What is Sengol|