Table of Contents
Bihar Public Service Commission determines the BPSC Syllabus that includes both the syllabus for the Prelims and Mains examination of the Bihar PCS. The commission was legally established to support the Bihar State Government in matters relating to recruitment, reassigning, and disciplining public employees in the state. In preparation for the upcoming BPSC 69th Notification 2023 exam, let’s take a look at the BPSC Syllabus 2023.
One of the most renowned State Level Civil Services Exams is organized by the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) for the appointment of numerous positions, including Sub Divisional Officer, Rural Development Officer, District Sanapark Officer, and various PCS level Officers, and many others.
Latest update on 69th BPSC Syllabus & Pattern change
The following are the major changes in the 69th BPSC Exam Pattern:-
|The major changes in the 69th BPSC Exam Pattern are:|
|BPSC CDPO Prelims examination||
|69th BPSC Prelims Exam||
|BPSC 69th Mains Exam||
68th BPSC CCE Mains Exam has been conducted, and Bihar Public Services Commission has also released the syllabus recruitment notification, vacancies, eligibility criteria with68th BPSC Notification .BPSC has release the exam date of 30th September for 69th BPSC Prelims Exam
Check Out :- BPSC Exam Pattern 2023
BPSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023
On June 27, 2023, the BPSC 69th notification 2023 was released, along with the most recent BPSC Syllabus and exam pattern. The Combined Competitive BPSC Exam is administered by the BPSC in three stages, just like by the other State Service Commissions and the UPSC. The phases are below for candidates to review.
Prelims: One objective-type paper for 150 marks.
Mains: Four Papers
Interview: 120 marks
Candidates must pass each stage in order to advance to the next one; for example, if they pass the preliminary exam, they can move on to the main exam, and if they pass it as well, they will be called for the BPSC Exam’s interview.
|Stage of BPSC Exam||Type of Exam||Mode||Total Marks||Duration|
|Mains||Subjective||Offline||One qualifying paper (Hindi)
900 ( 3 Papers of 300 marks each)
|3 hours for each Paper|
|Personal Interview||Physically Present||Offline||120||Not Defined|
BPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2023
The Prelims are qualifying in nature and are primarily intended to weed out insincere applicants. Those who pass the Prelims exam are invited to take the BPSC Mains exam. The final merit list will not be determined by the Preliminary exam scores.
Candidates who are giving the upcoming BPSC 69th Examination 2023 which is to be conducted on 30th September 2023 must first check the BPSC Prelims Exam Pattern in the table below before moving on to the BPSC Syllabus.
|BPSC Prelims Exam Pattern|
|Name of Exam||Combined Competitive Exam|
|Conducting Body||Bihar Public Service Commission ( BPSC )|
|No of Papers||1 – General Studies (150 marks)|
Check Out :- BPSC Admit Card 2023
BPSC Syllabus Prelims 2023
The basic understanding of the General Knowledge of a candidate is examined in the BPSC Prelims exam. The BPSC Syllabus for Prelims lays the groundwork for the candidates that are required to clear the BPSC Mains Exam. There is only one paper in the Bihar Prelims exam i.e., the General Studies paper. According to the official BPSC Calendar, the 69th BPSC Prelims 2023 will take place on 30th September 2023. The following is the BPSC Syllabus for Prelims General Studies (GS):
- Current Affairs of national and international importance.
- General Science: Questions on general science will cover a broad understanding and appreciation of science, as well as topics of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not specifically studied any scientific area.
- History: History of India and its salient feature, History of Bihar, Basic understanding of the topic’s social, economic, and political dimensions
- Geography: Geography of India, the Country’s physical,Rivers of India social, and economic geography, as well as the key characteristics of Indian agriculture and natural resources. Geography of Bihar, Geographical division of Bihar State and Major River systems in Bihar
- Indian Polity: General understanding of thePanchayati raj, community development, and planning in India and Bihar.
- Indian Economy: Major changes in Bihar’s economy in the post-independence period.
- Indian National Movement: Bihar’s participation in movements (Revolt of 1857,Partition of Bengal,Champaran Satyagraha,Non Cooperation Movement, Civil Disobedient Movement,Quit India Movement). Candidates will be expected to respond to questions about the nature and characteristics of the 19th-century revival, the development of nationalism, and the achievement of independence in relation to theIndian National Movement. Candidates will also be asked about the role of Bihar in the Indian freedom movement.
- General Mental Ability Questions.
BPSC Mains Exam Pattern 2023
Candidates are only invited to take the BPSC main test if they pass the BPSC preliminary exam and achieve the necessary cut-off scores set by the Commission. It is irrelevant how one performs because the BPSC Prelims Exam is qualifying in nature. General Hindi is a prerequisite for the BPSC Main Exam. Additional to this, there will be two general studies papers at 300 points each. There will be an optional paper that the applicant will have previously selected while completing the application form. There are 300 marks on the optional paper. The 34 Optional Subjects are shown in the table below.
|BPSC Mains Exam Pattern 2023|
|Stage of Exam||Name of Paper||Total Marks||Duration|
|Main Exam (Subjective)||General Hindi (Qualifying)||100||3 Hours|
|General Studies Paper 1||300||3 Hours|
|General Studies Paper 2||300||3 Hours|
|Optional Paper||300||3 Hours|
Check out:- BPSC Cut-off
BPSC Syllabus for Mains 2023
The main focus of the BPSC Mains Syllabus is on the candidates’ understanding of General Studies. The Mains exam will consist of four papers: General Hindi, General Studies Papers 1 and 2, and Optional Subject.
BPSC Mains Syllabus for Hindi
The BPSC Mains Syllabus for Hindi is a compulsory paper that is qualifying and descriptive in nature. The level set by the Bihar School Education Board (BSEB) will be the basis for the BPSC Mains Syllabus for Hindi papers. To prepare for this subject, you might study from any credible Hindi textbook. The topics covered in the Mains Syllabus are described below.
- निबंध (Essay)
- व्याकरण (Grammar): पर्यायवाची, अलंकार, विलोम, वर्तनी, तत्सम एवं तदभव, लिंग, कारक, आदि|
- वाक्य विन्यास (Syntax)
- संक्षेपण (Summarisation)
BPSC Mains Syllabus GS Paper 1
- Modern History of India and Indian Culture, which includes the broad history of the country (with special
reference to Bihar) from about the middle of the 19th century.
- The introduction and growth of Western education will be covered in questions on Bihar’s Modern History (including technical education).
- Bihar’s role in the freedom struggle of India.
- Santhal Uprising,
- Revolt of 1857 in Bihar,
- Birsa Movement,
- Champaran Satyagraha
- Quit India Movement 1942.
- Knowledge of the chief features of Mauryan and Pal art.
- Patna Qulam Painting
- Basic knowledge ofMahatma Gandhi, Tagore and Nehru.
- Exercises in statistical analysis, graphs, and diagrams will assess the candidate’s capacity to infer reasonable inferences from data presented in statistical, graphical, or diagrammatic form and to identify any limitations, constraints, or contradictions.
BPSC Mains Syllabus GS Paper 2
Questions in the GS Paper 2 of the BPSC Syllabus will test your understanding of Indian politics, with a focus on Bihar.
- Indian Polity: Political system in India and also including the political system in Bihar
- Indian Economy: Planning in India,
- Geography of India: It mainly includes the economic, physical and social geography of India and also focused on Bihar especially.
- Science and Technology: The contribution and effects of science and technology to the development of India and Bihar. The candidate will be tested on their knowledge of how science and technology have impacted India and Bihar and the emphasis will be on applied aspects also.
BPSC Mains Optional Subjects
Out of the 34 subjects available for the BPSC mains exam, candidates may choose one to pass the optional papers. Here is the complete list of all the subjects given below in the table.
|List of BPSC Mains Optional Subjects|
|Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science||Political Science and International Relations|
|Commerce and Accountancy||Sociology|
|Electrical Engineering||English Language and Literature|
|Geography||Urdu Language and Literature|
|Geology||Hindi Language and Literature|
|History||Persian Language and Literature|
|Law||Arabic Language and Literature|
|Labour and Social Welfare||Pali Language and Literature|
|Mechanical Engineering||Maithili Language and Literature|
|Mathematics||Bangla Language and Literature|
|Management||Sanskrit Language and Literature|
BPSC Syllabus for Essay Writing
For the purpose of choosing applicants for various administrative positions throughout the state of Bihar, the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) administers the main test. The mains exam’s essay writing section is a crucial component where applicants must show they can effectively and coherently articulate their writing. The essay writing carries 300 marks. The BPSC essay paper is divided into three parts.
- Each section is worth 100 points.
- There are 12 (twelve) essay questions in total, 3 (three) of which must be answered one from each section by the candidate.
- And the 700–800 word essay on any of the aforementioned topics.
BPSC Syllabus PDF
The BPSC Syllabus is usually released in the form of a PDF document by the Commission on its official website. Candidates can download theBPSC Syllabus PDF and use it as a reference while preparing for the BPSC exams. The syllabus PDF typically includes detailed information about the topics covered in each subject and the weightage assigned to each topic. It is important for candidates to thoroughly familiarize themselves with the BPSC syllabus and prepare accordingly to increase their chances of success in the exams.
TheBPSC 68th Prelims Result 2023 has already been declared. The result was announced on 27th March 2023 on the official website of BPSC. Candidates who appeared for the exam can check their results by visiting the official BPSC website. The result is available in the form of a PDF file, which contains the list of candidates who have qualified for the exam.
BPSC Syllabus in Hindi
बिहार लोक सेवा आयोग (बीपीएससी) हर प्रकार के उम्मीदवार को पूरा करने के लिए हिंदी और अंग्रेजी दोनों भाषाओं में पाठ्यक्रम जारी करता है। हम आपको प्रारंभिक और मुख्य दोनों परीक्षाओं के लिए हिंदी में बीपीएससी पाठ्यक्रम प्रदान कर रहे हैं। पाठ्यक्रम के प्रत्येक भाग के गहन विश्लेषण के लिए बीपीएससी सिलेबस हिंदी पीडीएफ डाउनलोड करें। नीचे हिंदी में बीपीएससी सिलेबस का एक नमूना दिया गया है।
BPSC Interview Test
The ‘Interview’ Round would be called for candidates who had passed the BPSC Mains Exam. A Board that the Commission has appointed conducts interviews with candidates. The key areas that the interviewer looked at are listed below.
A board interviewing the candidate will have a record of the candidate’s career and interests that the candidate listed on the application form in front of them. The goal of the interview is for a panel of knowledgeable and objective observers to determine if the candidate is personally qualified for a career in the state services. In the personality test, candidates must be informed of events both inside and outside of their state in addition to their academic studies. The interview is more of a focused conversation intended for investigating the applicant’s mental capabilities and capacity for analysis.
Check out:-BPSC Answer Key 2023