Table of Contents
MPSC Age Limit
The age limit for the Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) varies depending on the category of the candidate. For general category candidates, the minimum age limit is 19 years and the maximum age limit is 38 years.
MPSC Exam Overview
The MPSC has updated the maximum age for a number of the Group B and C positions. The corrigendum is available for printing on the MPSC website. The commission has also declared the MPSC 2023 exam to fill an additional 200 positions. The age range for interested candidates should be between 19 and 38, respectively, in order to sit for the test. It is the prerequisite for applying to the MPSC test in 2023.
|MPSC Exam Overview|
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Public Services Exam|
|Conducting Body||Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC)|
|Stages of Exam||The three Stages of the MPSC Exam are:
|Mode of Exam||Offline mode|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Age Limits||18 – 38 years|
|Qualification||Graduation degree from any recognised university|
MPSC Age Limit 2023
The following are the MPSC Age Limit for both minimum and maximum age requirements for the State Service Exam:
- Minimum Age (as on March 1, 2020): 19 years
- Maximum Age (as on March 1, 2020): for Unreserved Category 38 years
Note: In order for the candidate for appearing for the MPSC state exam, they must be at age of 19 years (on or before March 1 of the year in which candidates are giving the MPSC Prelims exam). Depending on their category, candidates may receive some age relaxations.
MPSC age relaxation limit for the candidates belonging to OBC, SC, ST, Persons with disabilities (PwD), and ex-servicemen are mentioned below. Candidates from the reserved category will have their ages relaxed in accordance with government regulations.
|General||19 Years||38 Years|
|SC/ST||19 Years||43 Years|
|OBC||19 Years||43 Years|
|Disabled||19 Years||43 Years|
- Candidates belonging to the Backward Classes if appearing for the MPSC exam need to be at the minimum age of 19 years and maximum age of 43 years.
- If the candidate is an Ex-Servicemen MPSC examination he needs to have a minimum age of 19 years and a maximum age of 43 years for unreserved category candidates and 48 years of age for backward classes.
- Candidates who want to appear for the exam need to have a minimum age of 19 years, and the maximum age for backward class and general category hopefuls is 43.
- Candidates who want to appear for the exam need to be at least between the age of 19 years and 45 years of age.
MPSC Eligibility Criteria
MPSC Qualification Standards For this exam, only citizens of India may apply. Candidates must be citizens of India in order to apply for the MPSC State Service Exam 2023; however, residents of Maharashtra State are exempt from some of the eligibility requirements. Reservation is available to Maharashtra residents who have been in the state for more than ten years. Speaking and writing Marathi fluently is a crucial need to apply for these tests.
MPSC Educational Qualification
Applicants may apply for the MPSC tests if they match the requirements for educational eligibility listed below. Depending on the individual position being applied for, different educational requirements must be met in order to sit for exams administered by the Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC).
Applicants must have graduated from a state- or university-recognized institution. Additionally qualified to apply for the exam are candidates who are in their final year of undergraduate study. Hindi proficiency is a requirement for candidates.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, CA, ICWA outlaw accounting, post-graduate degree in commerce, and MBA are required for the position of assistant director, Maharashtra Finance & Accounts Services (Finance)
- Degree in Science or Engineering in the areas of Civil, Architecture, Town Planning, etc. required for the position of Assistant Director of Industry (Technical).
- Assistant Regional Transit Officer: Physics and mathematics are required along with a degree in science or engineering.
MPSC Eligibility Criteria Physical Measurement
Physical fitness/measurements are listed as eligibility criteria for a few MPSC positions. Specific physical requirements must be met to be eligible for positions like deputy superintendent of police or those connected to the transport agency. The required minimal height for the DySP position is 157 cm for women and 165 cm for men. The MPSC notification provides specifics on the physical eligibility requirements for each position, which are also provided below.