Table of Contents
In a world where knowledge knows no boundaries, G20 THINQ emerges as a beacon of learning and friendship. This international event, brought to life by the Indian Navy, opens doors for young minds from G20 and partner countries to come together, celebrate diversity, and embark on a journey of discovery.
Read about: G20 Summit
What is G20 THINQ?
G20 THINQ is a special quiz competition organized by the Indian Navy to celebrate two important occasions. First, it is part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, a celebration of India’s 75 years of independence. Second, it coincides with India assuming the Presidency of the G20, a group of major economies in the world.
This quiz competition started at the school level and has now become an international event. It’s now called “G20 THINQ” because it’s related to India’s leadership in the G20 and aims to promote friendship among G20 countries. Here’s how it works:
- National Round: School students from classes IX to XII across India participate in the quiz. More than 11,700 schools have registered.
- Elimination Rounds: There are two online elimination rounds on September 12 and October 3, 2023.
- Quarter-Finals: On October 10, there’s an online quarter-final, and 16 teams will advance to the semi-finals.
- National Semi-Finals: The semi-final round will take place in Mumbai on November 17, 2023, with four schools from each zone.
- National Final: The top 8 teams will compete in the National final round at the Gateway of India on November 18, 2023.
- International Round: Two of the best quizzers from the National final will represent India in the international round. This round will include teams from G20+9 nations, where each team consists of two students. The international finals will be in New Delhi on November 22, 2023.
Throughout the event, participants, including the international teams, will have the chance to experience India’s rich heritage and culture. The competition aims to strengthen ties between G20 countries and provide a memorable conclusion to India’s G20 Presidency, as Brazil takes over the leadership on December 1, 2023.
Read More: India that is Bharat
Indian Navy Quiz THINQ 2023
The Indian Navy Quiz G20 THINQ is a unique and exciting quiz competition organized by the Indian Navy in partnership with the Navy Welfare and Wellness Association (NWWA). It’s designed to bring together students from G20 countries and nine other partner nations to promote knowledge, friendship, and cultural understanding. Here’s what you need to know about it:
- The main goal of G20 THINQ is to encourage young people to enhance their knowledge and learn about different topics in a fun and engaging way.
- It provides a special opportunity for students to experience India’s rich culture and heritage.
- Participants get to interact with students from around the world, fostering international connections and friendships.
- The quiz also contributes to India’s global leadership image, as it coincides with India’s Presidency of the G20.
- The quiz covers a wide range of topics that are commonly known and shared at the high school level.
- Questions are designed for students aged 14 to 18 years and are in an objective format, often multiple-choice or requiring short answers.
- The quiz emphasizes vibrancy, dynamism, and efficiency.
- The event includes various rounds, including practice rounds, semi-finals, and a grand final held at India Gate, New Delhi.
- There are also opportunities for teams that didn’t qualify in the semi-finals to participate in a Wild Card round.
- The International Finals feature 12 teams, including three from India and representatives from other G20 and partner nations.
Important Dates (2023)
- November 18-19: Representatives from participating countries arrive in New Delhi.
- November 20: Practice Rounds and Icebreaker Sessions.
- November 21: Semi-Finals in New Delhi.
- November 22: Grand Finals at India Gate, New Delhi.
- November 23-26: Visits to places of interest.
- November 27: Departure.
- Each country nominates a team of two students (plus one reserve) aged 14-18, along with an adult teacher, guide, or mentor.
- The quiz is conducted in English.
- Nominated teams are expected to arrive in New Delhi in mid-November.
- Detailed briefings are provided to all teams upon registration and arrival.
- Current Affairs for the year 2023.
- Science & Technology.
- World History & Geography.
- Maritime Explorations: Insights & Innovations.
- Global Business & Brands.
- Travel & Tourism.
- G20-related topics.
- All participants receive appreciation certificates.
- Exciting prizes await the winners.
- Qualifying teams have the opportunity to interact with Naval Personnel and learn about the Indian Navy.
Places of Interest
Participants get to visit famous landmarks and places in India, including India Gate, Red Fort, Taj Mahal, and more.
In summary, G20 THINQ is a prestigious international quiz competition organized by the Indian Navy to promote knowledge, friendship, and cultural exchange among young students from G20 and partner nations, all while celebrating India’s rich heritage and global leadership.
Significance of G20 THINQ
The significance of G20 THINQ is that it’s a special quiz competition organized by the Indian Navy to celebrate two important things:
- India’s Independence: It’s part of India’s celebration of 75 years of being an independent country. So, it’s like a way to mark a big birthday for India.
- G20 Leadership: At the same time, it’s connected to India taking on a leadership role in a group of major countries called the G20. This group works together on important global issues.
G20 THINQ brings students from different schools in India together to answer quiz questions. It also includes students from other countries in the G20 group. This helps build friendships and understanding among young people from different parts of the world. So, G20 THINQ is a fun and educational way to celebrate India’s history and its important role in the world.