Table of Contents
CDS Eligibility 2023
CDS Eligibility: Candidates must pass the Combined Defence Forces (CDS) Exam in order to be recruited into one of the three Indian Armed Forces. Despite the fact that there are various qualifying standards for recruitment in the three Indian Academies, a candidate is still considered eligible for the CDS exam provided they meet all of the requirements.
CDS Exam Eligibility 2023
Numerous students compete year for the highly acclaimed CDS exam. This is a fantastic opportunity for people who want to enlist in the military and serve their country. Applications for the CDS Exam 2023 will shortly be available on the UPSC website.
Every year, candidates face greater difficulty, thus those applying this year must spare no effort in getting ready for CDS. Candidates are anticipated to submit exam applications in compliance with the CDS Eligibility Criteria.
Eligibility for CDS Exam 2023
There are some important Eligibility Criteria for CDS Exam 2023 including CDS Age Limit, Educational Qualification etc. In order to be eligible for CDS, applicants need to be aware of the following information:
- The conducting body has the authority to reject an applicant’s application if it is determined at any point during the recruitment process that they do not meet the prerequisites.
- By just granting the Admission Certificate to the Candidate, the Commission should not be deemed to have decisively approved the Candidate’s candidacy.
- If the Candidate is hired and later found to have committed a crime, the Candidate may be discharged from employment.
- The UPSC uses genuine papers to confirm the qualifying conditions. Verification is finished once a candidate has been chosen for the interview and personality test.
CDS Exam Eligibility Nationality
Those who want to take the CDS Exam in 2023 must not be married and must either:
- A citizen of India;
- A subject from Bhutan, or
- A Nepali person, or
- A refugee from Tibet who reached India prior to January 1, 1962, with the intention of settling permanently;
- An individual of Indian descent who moved to India with the purpose of residing there permanently, such as someone from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and the East African nations of Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia and Zaire.
CDS Eligibility 2023 Education Qualifications
Before submitting an application for the examination, candidates should be familiar with the educational requirements. Here, we have provided comprehensive information about the educational requirements for the CDS Exam 2023 Notification.
|Indian Military Academy||Graduation Degree|
|Indian Naval Academy||B.E/B.Tech (10+2 with Physics & Maths)|
|Air Force Academy||Graduation, B.E/B.Tech (10+2 with Physics &Maths)|
|Officers’ Training Academy (Men)||Graduation Degree|
|Officers’ Training Academy (Women)||Graduation Degree|
CDS Eligibility 2023 FAQs
Q. Can the 12th pass apply for the CDS exam?
Ans. No, to be eligible for the CDS exam candidates must have passed graduation from a recognized university. For IMA and OTA, candidates must have a degree from a recognized University or equivalent. Candidates for INA must hold an engineering degree from a recognized university or institution.
Q. Which degree is best for CDS?
Ans. For the CDS exam, applicants can be from any stream but for entry to the Air Force and Navy, candidates should have studied Physics and Mathematics up to Class 12.
Q. Which subject is compulsory for CDS?
Ans. The three main subjects elementary mathematics, general knowledge, and science would be covered in the CDS exam questions for the written examination for admission to the Indian Naval Academy, Indian Military Academy, and Indian Air Force Academy.
Q. Are CDS easy to crack?
Ans. The CDS exam is only to test your mental ability and general awareness. If you are very clear with your basic concept of English, mathematics, and science which you studied till 10th standard, some good general knowledge of India and the world including current affairs. It is easy to crack.
Q. Can I join CDS without maths?
Ans. Yes, one can apply for the UPSC CDS exam as a commerce student. Math is not a mandatory need in the eligibility.
Q. What is the salary of a CDS officer?
Ans. In the official notification, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) provides information regarding the CDS salary. Candidates who joined the Combined Defence Services (CDS) as a Lieutenant are paid between Rs. 56,100 and Rs. 1, 77,500 per month, according to the CDS 2023 salary plan.
Q. Which is better CDS or NDA?
Ans. The CDS written exam can be given by graduate students while NDA written exam can be given by the 12th pass out.
Q. Are there 60% criteria for CDS?
Ans. No there are no such criteria for the CDS exam