NDA Age Limit 2023
NDA Age Limit: On December 21, 2022, UPSC will release a notification about the NDA 2023 Exam on its official website. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the National Defense Academy Exam twice a year to select suitable candidates for admission to the prestigious National Defense Academy and Naval Academy. You will get in-depth information about the eligibility criteria & age limit to take the NDA Exam in this article.
NDA Exam 2023 Overview
|Exam Conducted by||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Name of Examination||NDA 1 2023|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen and Paper Mode)|
|Exam Date||16th April 2023|
|Age Limit||Between the ages of 16.5 and 19.5 years|
|Total Questions||270 Total Questions (Out of them150 from the General Ability Test and 120 from Mathematics)|
|Maximum Marks||900 Marks (300 Marks for Mathematics and 600 Marks for General Ability Test)|
|Duration||2½ Hours + 2½ Hours|
|Negative Marking||1/3rd marks|
Check Out :- NDA 2 Result 2023
NDA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The Union Public Service Commission will conduct the NDA 2023 written exam for admission to the Army, Navy, and Air Force wings of the NDA and the Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). The commission will release the admit card 2 to 3 weeks before the exam. In this article, you will get all the information regarding comprehensive NDA Exam Eligibility Criteria like nationality conditions, educational qualifications, age limit and physical standards.
Read More: NDA Syllabus 2023
NDA 2023 Eligibility: Nationality Conditions
A candidate must be unmarried male or female and must be:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated to India and permanently settled here from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and the East African Countries of Zambia, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Kenya, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam.
|Note: For candidates in categories (ii) and (iii) above, a certificate of eligibility must have been issued in their favour by the Government of India. However, candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal would not need a certificate of eligibility.|
NDA Exam Educational Qualifications
To take the NDA exam and proceed in the recruiting process, candidates must have the necessary qualifications. The table below illustrates the specifics of the candidates’ educational requirements.
|NDA Course (For Army Wing)||12th Class pass of the 10 + 2 education pattern or equivalent exam organized by the State Education Board or University.|
|NDA Course (For Air Force and Naval Wings)||12th Class pass in the 10+2 education pattern with the subjects of math, physics, and chemistry, or examinations equivalently conducted by a state education board or a university.|
NDA Age Limit 2023
NDA Age Limit 2023 will be announced in December 2022 in the official notification of the NDA exam. Anyone who wants to take this exam must be within the specified age range. Candidates whose ages exceed the NDA age limit will not be accepted as eligible candidates for the exam. According to the NDA eligibility requirements, only unmarried male and female applicants between the ages of 16.5 and 19.5 are qualified to take the exam. The eligible candidate’s birth date cannot be earlier than January 2, 2004, or later than January 1, 2007. The NDA age limit for female candidates is the same as that of male candidates.
|Note: Candidates should be informed that the Commission will only accept the date of birth mentioned on the Matriculation/Secondary School Examination Certificate available at the time applications are submitted, or an equivalent certificate, and that any subsequent requests for its change will not be taken into consideration or granted.|
NDA Exam Physical Standard Criteria
Candidates must fulfil all physical standards in order to be admitted to the National Defense Academy and the Naval Academy in 2023 and also must be mentally and physically fit. Many qualified candidates are subsequently rejected on medical grounds. Therefore, in order to avoid disappointment at the final stage, candidates are advised to have themselves medically examined before submitting their applications.
A Board of Service Medical Officers will conduct a medical examination on a candidate who has been recommended by the Services Selection Board (SSB). There are some important points which must be considered by candidates’ medical examination:
- Candidates are recommended to rectify every minor disease or ailment in order to expedite the completion of the medical examination organized at the Military Hospital after being recommended by the SSB.
- Permanent body tattoos, only from the wrist to the inside of the elbow and on the back of the hand are permitted. Any other body part tattoos are unacceptable. Tribal candidates that follow their existing customs and traditions and have tattoos on their faces or bodies will be allowed on a case-by-case basis.
- A chest X-ray will be taken to examine any kind of disease in the candidate’s body and the chest should not be measured less than 81 cm during the full expansion it should have expanded by at least 5 cm after inspiration.
- The candidate should not have a history of mental breakdowns or mental fitness and The candidate’s liver and spleen have to be of average size.
- Hernias that go untreated will result in disqualification. An operation on a hernia should be performed one year prior to the final medical examination.
- No impairment of a bone or joint’s function is acceptable. It is important to be appropriately developed.
- At a distance of 610 cm, the candidate should be able to hear a whisper with each ear. There should not be any ear, nose, or throat problems. Blood pressure needs to be normal.
- The heart and blood vessels should not have any biological or functional diseases. There should not be any skin diseases of any kind, including hydrocele, varicocele, or piles.
- Any ailment affecting the abdominal internal organs will result in disqualification. Urine will also be examined, and if any abnormalities are discovered, the participant will be disqualified.
- The candidate should possess a sufficient number of healthy and natural teeth and also at least 14 dental points should be present.
- For all candidates, a USG abdomen would be performed.
Height & Weight Requirements for Army, Navy and Air Force
The eligibility requirements of NDA depend largely on the height and weight of the candidate. An applicant must be physically fit to be considered for the defence exam. The height and weight restrictions in the NDA examinations are the primary requirements of the candidates, and only the grounds they specify will result in relaxation. Below, we have provided a detailed list of the required weight and height.
Minimum Heights for Female Candidates Joining NDA
|Female Candidates Height||152 cm||152 cm||163 cm|
|Gorkhas and candidates belonging to the Hills of the North Eastern region of India, Garhwal and Kumaon||148 cm||147 cm||147 cm|
|Ground Duty Branch||_||_||152 cm|
|Lakshadweep||_||150 cm||150 cm|
Minimum Heights for Male Candidates Joining NDA
|Male Candidates Height||157 cm||157 cm||163 cm|
|Gorkhas and candidates belonging to the Hills of the North Eastern region of India, Garhwal and Kumaon||152 cm||152 cm||152.5 cm|
|Ground Duty Branch||_||_||157.5 cm|
|Lakshadweep||_||155 cm||155.5 cm|
Exceptions for Candidates Based on Region
For Army and Air Force
|Height (in cms)||Weight (in kgs)|
|16-17 Years||17-18 Years||18-19 Years|
|Height (in cms)||Weight (in kgs)|
|16 Years||18 Years||20 Years|
Sitting Height, Leg Length and Thigh Length in Air Force for Both Male and Female Candidates
|Sitting eight||81.5 cm||96.0 cm|
|Leg Length||99.0 cm||120.0 cm|
|Thigh Length||–||Maximum- 64.0 cm|
NDA Exam Vision Standards
A candidate recruited for the NDA exam represents our nation and carries a lot of duties and responsibilities. It is essential for a candidate to fulfil the medical standards in good health. A medical examination for eyesight standards is one of the key prerequisites for NDA eligibility in 2023. Vision NDA medical test requirements are as follows:
- The better eye’s corrected distance vision should be 6/6 while the weaker eyes should be 6/9.
- More than 2.5 D of myopia is prohibited.
- Astigmatism and hypermetropia over 3.5 D are not permitted.
- No candidates for the Indian Air Force may wear eyeglasses.
|Uncorrected Vision||6/6||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected Vision||6/6||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75 D Sph||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5 D Cyl||+2.00 D Sph|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I||Nil|
|Manifest Myopia||N.A.||Nil Re|
|Colour Vision||N.A.||CP-I (MLT)|
|Astigmatism (Within limits of myopia and
|N.A.||+0.75 D Sph /Cyl (within + 2.0 D Max)|
|Near Vision||N.A.||N-5 each eye|
|Candidates can check the other links below in the table for getting other information about the NDA Examination:
|NDA Notification 2023||NDA Syllabus 2023|
|NDA Age Limit 2023||NDA Exam Pattern|
|NDA Admit Card||NDA Salary|
|NDA Application Form 2023||NDA Cut Off|
|NDA Selection Process||NDA Result|
|NDA Answer Key||NDA Previous Year Question Papers|
|NDA SSB Interview|