Table of Contents
MPPSC Syllabus 2023
The MPPSC Syllabus is an essential resource for aspirants, offering a comprehensive understanding of the topics covered in both the MPPSC Prelims and Mains exams. By thoroughly studying the MPPSC Syllabus, aspirants can effectively prepare for the MPPSC 2023 Exam. Check here detailed MPPSC Syllabus 2023 for the Prelims and Mains Exam in this article.
MPPSC Syllabus and Exam pattern
MPPSC Exam Stages
|Stages||Exam||Papers and their Type|
|Stage 1||Prelims Exam||2 Papers (Objective Type)|
|Stage 2||Mains Exam||6 Papers (Descriptive Type)|
|Stage 3||Interview||Personality Test|
MPPSC Prelims Exam Pattern
The MPPSC Prelims Exam is a screening test and consists of two objective-type papers:
|Exam Name||Type of the Exam||Duration||Marks|
|MPPSC Prelims Exam||General Studies-Objective
General Aptitude Test (CSAT)- Objective
General Studies (Paper-I): This paper covers a wide range of topics, including current affairs, history, geography, economics, polity, and science.
CSAT (Paper-II): This paper tests the candidate’s comprehension, interpersonal skills, analytical ability, and logical reasoning.
MPPSC Mains Exam Pattern
The MPPSC Mains Exam is a descriptive-type test and consists of six papers:
|Exam Name||Type of the Exam||Marks|
|MPPSC Mains Exam||General Studies-I (3 hours)
General Studies-II (3 hours)
General Studies-III (3 hours)
General Studies-IV (3 hours)
Hindi (3 Hours)
Hindi Essay (2 hours)
|MPPSC Interview||Personality Test||175|
General Studies-I (Paper-I): This paper covers Indian history and culture.
General Studies-II (Paper-II): This paper covers Indian Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, public policy, and rights issues.
General Studies-III (Paper-III): This paper covers Indian economy and Indian culture.
General Studies-IV (Paper-IV): This paper covers Indian geography.
General Hindi (Paper-V): This paper tests the candidate’s Hindi language proficiency.
Hindi Essay (Paper-VI): This paper tests the candidate’s Hindi essay writing skills.
MPPSC Prelims Syllabus 2023: General Studies 1
We are providing you with a detailed MPPSC Prelims Syllabus 2023 Subject-wise below in the table:
|General Studies Paper I (Subject)||Detailed Topic-wise MPPSC Prelims Syllabus|
|History of Madhya Pradesh||
|National and Regional Constitutional and statutory Bodies||
|Constitutional System of Madhya Pradesh||
|Economy of Madhya Pradesh||
|Geography of World||
|Geography of Madhya Pradesh||
|General Science and Environment||
|Information & Communication Technology||
Check out:- MPPSC Notification 2023
MPPSC Prelims Syllabus 2023: General Aptitude Test Paper 2
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy
- Hindi Language Comprehension Skill (Class X level).
MPPSC Mains Syllabus 2023
|General Studies I||History, Geography|
|General Studies II||Constitution, Social Issues, Security, International Organization, Economics|
|General Studies III||General Science, Science & Technology, Environment & Sustainable Development, Reasoning & Data Interpretation.|
|General Studies IV||Human needs and motivation, Philosophers/Thinkers, Social workers/Reformers, Aptitude, Emotional intelligence, Corruption, Case studies.|
|General Studies V||General Hindi and Hindi Grammar|
|General Studies VI||Hindi Essay Writing|
MPPSC Mains General Studies Paper I (Part A) – History & Culture
- Economic, Political, Cultural and Social aspects of History between the Indus Valley Civilization to the 10th Century AD
- India’s economic, political, cultural and social aspects of history between the eleventh- and eighteenth-century AD.
- Mughal Period
- British rule and its impact on Indian economy & society.
- Peasant and tribal revolt, 1857 revolt, Indian Renaissance, Nation Freedom Struggle Movements and its prominent leaders.
- India’s Independence, Reorganization of Indian States, Formation of MP, and Major events after India got Independence.
- Independence Movement in Madhya Pradesh.
- India’s culture and heritage (about MP), literature, festivals, the architecture of India and MP
- World Heritage Sites in India and MP
- Major dynasties of MP
MPPSC Mains General Studies Paper I (Part B) – Indian Geography & MP
- Major mountain ranges, plateaus, plains, rivers, lakes and glaciers of the world.
- Geographical phenomena such as volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, landslides, and cyclones.
- Major climate regions and seasons of the world, climate change and its impacts around the world.
- Monsoon, El Nino and La Nina
- Distribution of natural resources (metallic and non-metallic) around the world and India, forest resources
- Population distribution, growth, sex ratio, migration, literacy.
- Soil formation, soil composition, soil erosion, soil degradation, soil conservation planning.
- Natural Vegetation
- Water management, groundwater management, conservation of water.
- Disaster and its mitigation.
- Resource mapping and community planning.
- Remote sensing and its application
- Global Information System, at its application
- Global Positioning System and its application.
MPPSC Mains General Studies Paper II (Part A) – Indian Constitution, Governance, Political and Administrative Structure
- Constitution of India, Basic Structure, Major constitutional amendments.
- Fundamental Rights and Duties, Directive Principles.
- Centre-State relations, Judiciary, Judicial Review, PIL, Lok Adalat
- Constitutional and Non-Constitutional bodies.
- Political parties
- Local government
- Participation of citizens in decision-making
- Self-help groups, NGOs, and Community-Based Organisations.
- Role of electronic media in democracy
- Indian political thinkers such as Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, Ram Manohar Lohia, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar etc.
- Principle of Public Administration, its meaning, nature and significance, the role of Public Administration in developing countries.
- Concept of Power, authority, responsibility and delegation.
- Theories of organization, unity of command and steps and areas of control
- New dimensions of public management.
MPPSC Mains General Studies Paper II (Part B) – Economics & Sociology
- Agriculture, industry and services sectors in India.
- National Income and its measurement.
- Role and function of RBI, commercial banks, monetary policy.
- Taxation in India, direct and Indirect tax, GST, fiscal policy.
- PDS, poverty, unemployment.
- Balance of payment, the balance of trade, the role of foreign capital, FDI, FII, WTO, ADB, etc
- Major crops in India and MP, cropping pattern in India and MP, horticulture, dairy, poultry, fisheries etc.
- Schemes on Agriculture
- Education and its various scenarios in India, government initiatives to promote education in India.
- Issues related to women, senior citizens, children,
- Concept of Culture and civilisation, the caste system in India, Purushartha, Chatushtya, Ashram, Religion and sect influences on society and methods of marriage,
- Family courts, community development programme.
- Demography and problems related to it, health, family welfare, women’s education, disease etc.
- World Health Organisation.
MPPSC Mains General Studies Paper III – Science & Technology
|General Studies Paper III|
||Information & Technology
||Science & Technology
Quantitative Aptitude and Statistics
- Number system
- Profit and Loss
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Mean, Median and Mode
MPPSC Mains General Studies Paper IV – Philosophy, Psychology & Public Administration
- Indian and Western Thinkers and reformers such as Buddha, Mahavir, Mahatma Gandhi, Ambedkar, Charwak, etc.
- Aptitude, Integrity, Empathy, Impartiality, tolerance, compassion, and objectivity towards the weaker section.
- Emotional Intelligence and its application in administration and governance
- Elements of ethics in governance such as Transparency, Accountability, Integrity etc.
- Code of conduct for civil services
- Ethical Reasoning and Moral Dilemmas.
- Effects of Corruptions, its causes, measures to minimize it, the role of whistleblower, media, society etc.
- Case Study
General Studies Paper V – General Hindi & Grammar
General Studies Paper VI – Hindi Essay Writing
MPPSC Syllabus PDF 2023
The MPPSC Syllabus is usually released in the form of a PDF document by the Commission on its official website. Candidates can download the MPPSC Syllabus PDF and use it as a reference while preparing for the MPPSC exams. The syllabus PDF typically includes detailed information about the topics covered in each subject and the weightage assigned to each topic. It is important for candidates to thoroughly familiarize themselves with the MPPSC Syllabus and prepare accordingly to increase their chances of success in the exams.