Table of Contents
Sikkim PSC Exam
SPSC stands for Sikkim Public Service Commission. The SPSC examination offers opportunities to apply for a diverse array of positions across various sectors. The commission conducts a unified competitive examination to attract candidates for roles within the state’s diverse administrative bodies. In its endeavor to choose suitable candidates for governmental positions, the Commission orchestrates a series of examinations. All SPSC exams are competitive, and succeeding in them requires well-structured study approaches.
Sikkim PSC Exam Overview
Candidates who are currently enrolled in classes are also eligible to participate in the SPSC Exam. Each paper will have a duration of 2 hours. Applicants must be at least 21 years old and no older than 35 years old (candidates with reserved categories are given relaxation in the age limit). In this video, you will gain insight into various aspects such as What is SPSC, Eligibility, Posts & Salaries, Exam Dates, Syllabus, Results, Selection Process, and many other related pieces of information.
|Sikkim PSC Exam Overview|
|Name of the Examination||Sikkim Public Service Commission(SPSC)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Number of vacancies||62|
|Selection Procedure||Round 1 – SPSC Preliminary Exam,
Round 2 – SPSC Main examination,
Round 3 – Interview
SPSC 2023 Notification
The application process for the SPSC commenced in June 2023, with the deadline for submitting the SPSC application form set for July 2023. The dates for the SPSC Prelims test and SPSC Mains exam will be announced later on the official website of Sikkim PSC.
Sikkim PSC Exam Dates 2023
Check the detailed list of Sikkim PSC Exam Dates 2023 below in the table:
|Sikkim PSC Exam Dates 2023|
|Online registration date||29th September 2022|
|Last Date for submission of the Application Fees (Offline)||15th November 2022|
|Admit card release date|
|SPSC Exam Date (Prelims)||16th January 2023|
|SPSC Mains Admit Card||1st August 2023|
|SPSC Exam Date (Mains)||14th – 16th October 2023|
|Result date||To be notified|
Sikkim PSC Vacancies 2023
Check the detailed list of Sikkim PSC Vacancies below in the table:
|Sikkim PSC Vacancies 2023|
|Posts||Number of vacancies|
|Medical Stores Inspector||06|
|General Duty Medical Officer||40|
|Pressman II, Binder II, Screenman II||15|
|Multi Purpose Health Worker/ANM, Food Safety Officer||28|
|Revenue Inspectors||To be notified|
|Station Fire Officers||To be notified|
|Development Associates||To be notified|
|Sub Inspectors||To be notified|
|Grade A and Grade B Posts||To be notified|
|Clerk Cum Typists||To be notified|
|Technical/ Non-Technical Group A and B Jobs||To be notified|
|Project Engineer||To be notified|
|Executive Technical Assistants||To be notified|
|Drugs Inspectors||To be notified|
|Village Accountants||To be notified|
|Taluka Development Officers||To be notified|
|Assistant Surgeons||To be notified|
|Assistant Administrative Officers||To be notified|
|Deputy General Manager||To be notified|
|Project Coordinators||To be notified|
|Senior Research Fellow||To be notified|
|Constable||To be notified|
|Junior & Senior Research Fellows||To be notified|
|Principals||To be notified|
|Junior Executives||To be notified|
SPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023
Before applying for the Sikkim PSC Exam, it is essential to review the eligibility criteria. We have provided a comprehensive overview of all eligibility requirements. Candidates must hold Indian citizenship and meet specified age and educational standards to be eligible to apply for the Sikkim PSC Exam.
SPSC Eligibility 2023: Age Limits
- The SPSC has implemented an age limit for the PCS exam. Candidates within the age range of 21 to 35 are eligible to participate. Nevertheless, the age limit and relaxation may differ based on the candidate’s category.
- For individuals belonging to reserved categories like SC and ST, there is an age relaxation provided in the upper limit.
- Candidates from the SC and ST categories will receive a 5-year age relaxation.
- Candidates from the Other Backward Categories will be granted a three-year age relaxation
SPSC Educational Qualifications
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent three-year diploma from a recognised University/institution.
SPSC Application Form 2023
Upon the release of the official test announcement, the SPSC online application form will be accessible in digital format. The deadline for completing the application form will be specified in the Sikkim PSC notification. The steps that candidates need to follow to complete the Sikkim PSC 2023 Application Form are outlined below:
- Visit the SPSC official website.
- On the homepage’s left-hand column, click the ‘Apply online’ tab.
- Create an account with a valid id and password.
- Log in with the registration id and password generated by the computer.
- Fill in all of the candidate’s necessary information, as well as his or her personal details.
- Candidates should also upload their documents to verify the information on the application.
- Now you must upload a photograph that meets all of the required standards, as well as a scanned signature.
- Payment of the application fee is required.
- Then press the “SUBMIT” button.
- Save or print the application form once it has been submitted.
Application Fees of SPSC 2023 Exam
The application fee for SPSC 2023 can only be submitted online. Payment options include net banking, credit card, and debit card. The expected application fee for the exam is INR 150.
SPSC 2023 Admit Card
The SPSC 2023 admit card is an essential document for applicants planning to take the exam. The SPSC will release separate admit cards for Prelims, Mains, and Personality Test.
The admit card will contain crucial information about the candidates and exam venues. It will be accessible on the commission’s official website. Here are the steps to download the Sikkim PSC 2023 admit card:
- Log in to the official website of Sikkim PSC.
- Navigate to the “Apply Online” section.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Download admit card/call letter.”
- Enter your registration number and date of birth.
- The admit card for the Sikkim Public Service Commission will be displayed on the screen.
SPSC Exam Pattern 2023
The SPSC Exam Pattern comprises three stages: Sikkim PSC Prelims, Mains, and Interview. The Sikkim Public Service Commission conducts various competitive examinations for direct recruitment into state administrative positions. Selection of candidates is based on their performance in the Written Test and Interview of the Sikkim PSC exam.
Individuals who have applied or are contemplating applying for a position with the Sikkim Public Service Commission are on the right path. Familiarizing oneself with the Sikkim PSC test pattern and preparing accordingly is the first step in the preparation process.
Before appearing for the Sikkim PSC examination, candidates should have a thorough understanding of the SPSC exam pattern, the revised paper format for the Prelims/Main Exam, and other details such as the marking scheme, duration, and so on. To be considered for recruitment by the Sikkim Public Service Commission, candidates must successfully pass the following three stages:
- Sikkim PSC Prelims
- Sikkim PSC Mains Exam
SPSC Prelims Exam Pattern
The Sikkim PSC preliminary examination will consist of objective-type questions (multiple choice questions). This exam serves solely as a screening process. Only the results of the Sikkim PSC test will be considered for shortlisting candidates for the Sikkim PSC Mains examination. The Sikkim PSC Preliminary Examination comprises two papers.
This examination aims to assess the examinees’ proficiency in solving Reasoning and Analytical questions. It is designed as a screening process, and the marks obtained in the preliminary exam by a candidate who qualifies for the mains exam will not contribute to their final merit calculation.
The Civil Service (Preliminary) Examination consists of two General Studies papers featuring objective/multiple-choice questions. To be evaluated, examinees are required to participate in both papers of the examination. Failure to appear in both papers of the Civil Service (Preliminary) Examination will result in disqualification.
|Paper||Subjects||Duration of Exam||Max Marks|
|Paper 1||General Studies 1||2 Hours||200 marks|
|Paper 2||General Studies 2||2 Hours||200 marks|
|Total||4 Hours||400 marks|
The preliminary examination is allocated a total of 400 marks. Each examination will have a duration of two hours. The examinations will be conducted in English. There is a negative marking of 1/3 of the total marks for each incorrect answer.
SPSC Exam Pattern of Mains Exam 2023
The SPSC Mains exam is a lengthy descriptive exam. The duration of each paper is 3 hours.
|SPSC Exam Pattern of Mains Exam 2023|
|Subjects In SPSC Mains||Maximum Marks|
|Paper-I – English||100 marks|
|Paper-III – Essay||150 marks|
|Paper IV – General Studies Paper – I (Geography, History)||250 marks|
|Paper V – General Studies Paper-II (Indian Polity, Constitution)||250 marks|
|Paper VI General Studies Paper – III (Stat, Economy, Security)||250 marks|
|Paper VII – General Studies Paper – IV (Environment, Decision Making, Sci & Tech)||250 marks|
Sikkim PSC Interview
The Interview will serve as the concluding phase of the examination. Only candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and pass the main competitive test will proceed to this stage. The names of successful candidates will be arranged in order of merit, considering their combined scores from the main written exam and the interview.
SPSC Syllabus 2023
Consequently, the Sikkim PSC Exam Syllabus can be categorized into two sections: Sikkim PSC Prelims Syllabus and Sikkim PSC Mains Syllabus.
SPSC Prelims Syllabus for Paper 1
- Current events of national, international, and local importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Political System, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, Poverty, Inclusion, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science
SPSC Prelims Paper- 2 for Civil Services Aptitude Test
|Basic numerical skills||Numbers, magnitudes, percentages, numerical relation appreciation|
|Reading comprehension||English language comprehension, antonyms and synonyms, grammar, and sentence formation|
|Skills||Interpersonal skills including communication skills|
|Logical reasoning||Analytical and mental ability|
|Data analysis||Graphic presentations, charts, tables, spreadsheets|
Sikkim PSC Mains Syllabus: English
Candidates will need to compose three brief essays on designated topics in English. These subjects will be selected from a provided list. They will be instructed to maintain focus on the essay’s subject, arrange their ideas coherently, and convey them succinctly. Proficient and accurate expression will be acknowledged and rewarded.
|Section A||Comprehension (Unseen Passage)— An unseen passage followed by Questions to be answered||10 marks|
|Precis writing— Passage to be summarized to 1/3rd||10 marks|
|Letter writing—(200 words)||10 marks|
|Essay writing (Any general topic 300 words)||10 marks|
|Section B||Grammar||50 marks|
Sikkim PSC 2023 Result
The results for the prelims, mains, and personality tests of Sikkim PSC 2023 will be released individually. Candidates can view their results on the official website of Sikkim PSC. It’s important to note that the results will be available in PDF format, displaying the roll numbers of candidates who have successfully cleared the preliminary exam.
How to Check Sikkim PSC Online Result
Candidates can check the Sikkim PSC result by following the steps outlined below:
- Visit the official website of the Sikkim Public Service Commission.
- Navigate to the recruitment section on the homepage.
- Select “Result”.
- Locate the “Sikkim PSC 2023 Result” link and click on it.
- Search for your roll number in the result list.
SPSC Recruitment Salary and Other Perks
Candidates who successfully advance to the final round and are selected by the Sikkim Public Service Commission are entitled to a range of benefits.
- The standard salary varies from INR 15,000 to INR 39,000, inclusive of an additional INR 6000 in supplementary pay.
- Additionally, the salary is influenced by the specific position and the location of recruitment.
- When various SPSC vacancies are announced, the Commission provides detailed salary information on its official website.