Table of Contents
Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2023 [ DAF-II ]
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) released the UPSC CSE Mains 2023 Result on December 8, 2023. The Civil Services (Main) Examination was held from September 15 to September 24, 2023.
The Detailed Application Form-II (DAF II) will be released after the Civil Services Mains Result. DAF stands for Detailed Application Form. It is a document that candidates need to fill out with their personal, educational, and other relevant details. The UPSC Prelims Result 2023 was declared on June 12, 2023. The Prelims 2023 exam was conducted on May 28, 2023.
UPSC Mains DAF Form 2023
Candidates who cleared the Prelims examination should fill up UPSC Mains DAF I Form 2023, often referred to as the Detailed Application Form I. Candidates must complete the UPSC Mains DAF Form I before sitting for the Main Exam. On the official website, the Union Public Service Commission has posted DAF 2023. The deadline for submitting the UPSC Mains DAF Form 2023 is between July 10 to July 19 , 2023. Check the UPSC Mains DAF Form 2023 Link below.
UPSC Mains DAF Form 2023 Overview
Candidates who got there name on the UPSC Prelims Result 2023 need to fill the UPSC DAF Form 2023, which has been released by UPSC on its official website. The authorities will provide the crucial information and crucial dates pertaining to the DAF form on the official website. Candidates who cleared the UPSC Prelims 2023 can check the UPSC DAF Form 2023 Overview below in the table:
|UPSC Mains DAF Form 2023 Overview|
|Exam Conducted by||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Name||UPSC Civil Services Examination 2023|
|Post Name||Civil Services (IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, etc.)|
|Stages of Exam||Prelims, Mains and Interview|
|UPSC Mains DAF Form 2023 Release Date||10th July 2023|
|UPSC Mains DAF Form Start Date||10th July 2023|
|UPSC Mains DAF Form Last Date
||19th July 2023|
|Mode of Application||Online|
UPSC Mains DAF Form 2023 Link
Candidates who have passed the UPSC Preliminary exam can register for the UPSC Main exam through the online DAF (Detailed Application Form) registration process. Check out the UPSC Mains DAF 2023 direct link.
Steps to Fill the UPSC Mains DAF Form 2023
The directions for “Steps to fill UPSC DAF Form 2023” should be carefully read by those interested in applying for the UPSC Exam 2023. This would make it easier for applicants to complete the UPSC DAF Form 2023. The steps listed below should be followed by candidates when filling out the UPSC DAF Form 2023.
- Go to upsconline.nic.in, the official website of UPSC.
- “Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2022” should be clicked.
- After carefully reading the application form’s instructions, select Yes.
- Fill out the part-I application form’s basic information, including your name, date of birth, gender, category, email address, contact information, permanent address, marital status, parents’ names, community, level of education, etc.
- Click “Submit” after carefully reviewing the information you’ve entered in the online form.
UPSC Mains DAF Form 2023 Application Fee
For UPSC DAF Mains Registration, UPSC levies a maximum fee. Candidates have the option of paying the UPSC application fee offline or online. In this area, candidates can view the application fee.
|UPSC Mains DAF Form 2023 Application Fee|
|Category of Candidates||Fees|
|General/OBC Male Candidates||Rs. 200|
Documents Required for UPSC DAF
Candidates must have the list of documents shown below on hand while they complete the DAF UPSC form. Candidates must keep in mind that the documents must be clearly scanned, combined into a single PDF, and that the PDF must also be unlocked.
- Matriculation Certificate to confirm your age.
- A certificate of completion confirming to one’s academic qualifications.
- Domicile certificate to prove residency in designated regions like J&K, AP, etc.
- Certificate of caste, if any.
- Disability Certificate, if any.
- Undertaking(in the case of Government Servants).
UPSC DAF Service and Cadre Preferences
One of the most crucial fields on the DAF UPSC form is the preferences for Service and Cadre. Because cadre choices cannot be modified after the fact, candidates must consider their answers carefully.
UPSC DAF: Service Preference
The above three are interchangeable
- RS (IT)
- IRS (Customs)
- Indian Railway Traffic Service (King of Railways)
- Indian Railways Accounts Service
- Indian Defence Estate
- Indian Defence Accounts
- Indian Ordinance Factories Service
- Indian Civil Accounts Service
- Indian Postal Service
- Indian Information Service
- Indian Trade Service
- Indian Corporate Law Service
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance
- Indian Railway Personnel Service
- Armed Force HQ
- Pondicherry civil service
What is DAF in UPSC?
In order to register for the mains exam, aspirants must fill out and upload the DAF UPSC, or Detailed Application Form for the IAS Exam, application form. Anyone who passes the preliminary exam is qualified to submit the DAF form. For the interview, aspirants must submit DAF 2, whereas the application for the mains is known as UPSC DAF 1. In the sections that follow, we’ll go over how to complete the DAF form, but first, let’s look at some crucial instructions.
- The “DAF print preview or original one” should not be accidentally sent to UPSC by candidates. Only the UPSC official website is where the DAF form must be filed.
- A password will be sent to the candidates’ registered phone number and email address. They will need to log in once more using the password and the UPSC-provided username and password, which is their roll number.
- Personal information, educational information, parental information, employment information, document uploading, and final submission are the six sections that make up the UPSC DAF form.
- Candidates must keep in mind that adjustments can be made before the final submission. However, following the final submission, no alterations will be accepted.