Table of Contents
UPSC Prelims 2023
The Civil Service Exam, also known as CSE is held annually by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into Group “A” and Group “B” services of the Government of India. The examination process consists of 3 stages – Prelims, Mains and Interviews.
Every year lakhs of students give prelims examination, but few thousands get through it. Consider, for example, that in 2022, nearly 11 lakh applications were filled, and some 13 thousand students made it to the main stage. Clearly, competition is high, and one needs the right strategy to get an edge over the others. Here is a quick overview of all you need to know about UPSC Prelims 2023.
UPSC Prelims 2023 Notification
Official notification of UPSC Prelims 2023 is expected that it will be released on 1st February 2023. The UPSC Prelims Notification is the official announcement by the UPSC of the schedule and important dates for the CSE Preliminary Examination. This notification typically includes information such as the date of the examination, the syllabus, and the eligibility criteria for the examination. You can find the latest UPSC Prelims Notification on the official website of the UPSC (upsc.gov.in).
UPSC Prelims 2023 Exam Date
As per the official calendar of UPSC for the year 2023, the date for the UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2023 is 28th May 2023.
UPSC Prelims 2023 Exam Centers
Here is a list of centres at which the examination will be conducted as per UPSC Notification 2023.
|UPSC Prelims 2023 Exam Centers|
|GAUTAM BUDDH NAGAR||NASIK||VISHAKHAPATNAM|
UPSC Prelims Application Date
As per the UPSC official calendar, forms for UPSC Prelims 2023 can be filled out online from 1st February 2023. The last date for filling out the application form is 21st, February 2023.
UPSC Prelims 2023 Result Date
Going by the trends of previous years, results are generally declared within a month from the date of the examination. By this measure, one can expect the result in the third week of June.
UPSC Prelims Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The examination will consist of two papers. A brief UPSC Prelims syllabus of each paper is discussed below:
|Paper – I (General Studies)||
|Paper – II (CSAT)||
It should be noted that both papers will be for a period of 2 hours.
Check out the latest Indian Polity Notes
UPSC Prelims 2023 Syllabus in Hindi
Here is the UPSC Prelims 2023 Syllabus in Hindi:
Read More About: Indian Geography
UPSC Prelims 2023 Preparation Strategy
Every year, many aspirants dream of qualifying for the prelims. However, only a few make it. It needs a clear, crafted strategy to get through this stage. Over the years, many toppers have shared their strategies, the gist of which is discussed below:
- Completion of the Syllabus: It is important that one has a basic understanding of all topics listed in the syllabus. One can go through NCERT textbooks to cover them. Daily reading of newspapers is needed to link the static portion one is reading in textbooks with the current happenings around them.
- Notes Making: While reading textbooks and newspapers, it is always advisable to make short bulleted notes which are handy for revision.
- Comprehensive Approach: It is important that an aspirant does not see prelims and mains examination as separate while covering the syllabus. In fact, one can largely say that the mains exam syllabus is a detailed version of the prelims exam syllabus. Developing good conceptual clarity is the fundamental requirement of both exams. Furthermore, for the preliminary exam, one must have a firm grasp of a number of critical facts.
- Previous year papers and official syllabus: Both of them should be the guiding light as one moves forward in the preparation journey.
- Revision: Once the syllabus is complete, the next step is multiple revisions of notes. One can also supplement the notes with content from current affairs magazines to bring a sense of completion.
- Practice: It is always advisable to practice a few mock tests before one writes the actual paper. One must ensure to adhere to strict timings while practising the mocks. Also, one must keep practising the previous year’s questions to have an idea of what type of questions are expected in the actual exam.
Latest Daily Current Affairs 2023
UPSC Prelims Test Series
It is generally advised that an aspirant practice a sufficient number of questions based on the UPSC pattern to be in a comfortable position during the actual exam. An aspirant can go with any test series released by a good institute. We at StudyIQ provide a comprehensive Prelims Test Series which is designed by experts and matches the level of real-time exam in terms of quality and content of the questions.