Table of Contents
The ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu (ICTACT) is a non-profit autonomous organization established by the Government of India, the Government of Tamil Nadu, and the IT industry. It was founded in 2005 with the objective of improving the quality of students passing out of institutions in Tamil Nadu, to make them industry-ready and immediately employable in the ICT industry comprising the ICT services and the ICT Manufacturing sectors.
- Improve the quality of ICT education in Tamil Nadu by providing training to faculty members, developing industry-relevant curriculum, and setting up Centers of Excellence in engineering, arts, and science colleges.
- Enhance the employability of students by providing them with industry-relevant skills and certifications.
- Promote entrepreneurship and innovation in the ICT sector.
- Build a strong bridge between the industry and academia.
- Faculty development programs
- Curriculum development
- Centers of Excellence (CoEs)
- Student skill development programs
- Entrepreneurship development programs
- Industry-institute interaction
- It has trained over 50,000 faculty members and students on the latest ICT technologies and industry trends. The ICT Academy’s CoEs have provided hands-on training to over 1 million students.
- The ICT Academy’s student skill development programs have helped over 100,000 students get placed in the ICT industry.
The ICT Academy has played a significant role in developing the ICT sector in Tamil Nadu. It has trained faculty members and students on the latest ICT technologies and industry trends, promoted entrepreneurship and innovation, and built a strong bridge between the industry and academia. The ICT Academy is a valuable asset to the state of Tamil Nadu and the country as a whole.