Table of Contents
The Union Public Commission included CSAT in the UPSC Prelims Syllabus in 2011. The Full form of CSAT is Civil Services Aptitude Test is often called GS Paper-2 in Prelims. Questions on comprehension, logical reasoning, general mental aptitude, and fundamental numeracy are all included in the UPSC CSAT Syllabus. Questions from the topics covered in the UPSC CSAT Syllabus are worth 200 marks. Candidates must receive at least 33% on the CSAT Paper to qualify.
Despite the fact that this paper is only for qualification purposes, the applicants must thoroughly review the CSAT Syllabus. It demonstrates the significance of this paper because one cannot pass the Prelims if one does not pass the CSAT paper. We will go through the entire CSAT Syllabus for UPSC, the key topics to concentrate on, the finest books to read, and an exam-winning approach to ensure you receive a high score.
UPSC CSAT Syllabus 2024
The UPSC announcement is given simultaneously with the CSAT syllabus. The UPSC CSE Prelims exam, held on 24 May 2024, is the first part of the IAS Exam 2024. The difficulty level of CSAT questions has dramatically grown according to patterns from the previous year. The best technique to get passing grades on this paper is to analyze the CSAT Syllabus subjects and develop a strong plan for effectively covering them.
- Interpersonal skills, including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level),
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level)
UPSC CSAT Syllabus Topic Wise
There are 80 questions from the UPSC CSAT Syllabus worth 200 marks in the Prelims, covering a range of technical subjects. The official CSAT Syllabus aims to evaluate applicants’ analytical and mental aptitude abilities. All applicants must receive at least 33% of the possible points to pass the CSAT, a prerequisite for the preliminary stage. UPSC CSAT Syllabus Topic Wise has been discussed below.
UPSC CSAT Math Syllabus
The UPSC CSAT Math’s Syllabus presents many challenges for candidates for the CSE branch of the exam. It’s because the themes and subtopics included in this area have not been explicitly stated by UPSC Exam.
However, after reviewing all of the UPSC CSAT Previous Year Papers, our experts have compiled a list of topics to study from the two main CSAT Math’s Syllabus themes, namely:
- Basic Numeracy
- General Mental Ability
|UPSC CSAT Math’s Syllabus||Important Topics for Maths|
|CSE General studies paper 2
Basic numeracy (class-x level)
|General Mental Ability||
Check out the linked article on the UPSC CSE Syllabus 2024 Here!
UPSC Reasoning Syllabus
Similar to the CSAT Math’s Syllabus, the UPSC’s official release of the CSAT Reasoning Syllabus lacked specifics. However, we have also broken down the IAS CSAT Reasoning syllabus into two sections, namely
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Data Sufficiency and Data Interpretation
|Reasoning Syllabus for CSAT||Important Topics for Reasoning|
|Logical Reasoning And Analytical Ability (LR & AA)||
|Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency (DI & DS)||
Check out the linked article on the UPSC Prelims Syllabus 2024 Here!
UPSC CSAT Syllabus Trend Analysis (2011-2023)
After reviewing the official UPSC CSAT Maths & Reasoning Syllabus, aspirants should pay close attention to the subject-by-subject weighting of the exam questions. The amount of questions from each section in previous CSAT examinations, as determined by our Analysis, below.
UPSC CSAT Syllabus 2024 Strategy
Aspiring candidates often wonder about the preparation process for the UPSC CSAT 2024 syllabus. Before anything else, it is important to be familiar with the Civil Services Aptitude Test Subject Wise Questions Weightage so that you can cover the entire Civil Services Aptitude Test curriculum for the UPSC Prelims 2024.
To prepare for the UPSC CSAT curriculum for each subject, follow the preparation advice provided here.
UPSC CSAT English Preparation
In the English section of the UPSC CSAT Syllabus 2024, only Reading Comprehension questions are presented to applicants. To succeed, you must, nevertheless, abide by the following advice:
- To increase your vocabulary and linguistic proficiency, read fundamental elementary to advanced-level English grammar books like Wren & Martin, PC Das, etc.
- Make it a practice to read three to four lengthy pieces daily, and attempt to construct your responses in your own words.
- Make it a habit to regularly learn new words, idioms, and phrases, as well as synonyms and antonyms, from editorials, newspapers, and magazines.
Check out the linked article on the UPSC Prelims Exam 2024 Here!
UPSC CSAT Math’s Preparation
Candidates must respond to maths questions from the UPSC CSAT syllabus that correspond to the 10th grade. See the advice on getting ready below.
- To make it easier to answer questions about fundamental arithmetic and number ordering in the UPSC, make it a habit to practise basic maths from NCERT books from the eighth to the tenth grade.
- To adequately comprehend the difficulty level and weighting, try to solve the maths problems from the UPSC CSAT sample test papers.
- For rapid calculations, practise fundamental multiplication and division charts up to 50 and work on square and cube root tables up to 30.
UPSC CSAT Reasoning Preparation
Candidates for the UPSC CSAT Reasoning exam will need to provide answers to questions from three categories, including problem-solving, data sufficiency, and logical and analytical reasoning. Let’s look at some pertinent advice below.
- Practice reasoning from different sources specially previous year questions for developing a fundamental understanding of logical reasoning concepts.
Solve UPSC CSAT Previous Year Papers
Try to answer questions from UPSC CSAT Previous Year Papers once you have briefly covered the UPSC CSAT syllabus. You will gain a better knowledge of the topics that are covered year after year, their difficulty, weight, and the most often asked questions.
Attempt UPSC CSAT Mock Tests
Candidates must begin taking test series in addition to answering previous UPSC CSAT question papers. Start preparing for the CSAT by practising the most recent UPSC Prelims Test Series sample exams. It will assist you in identifying your strengths and weaknesses and help you take your preparation to the next level.