Table of Contents
PM Modi launches Sankalp Saptah at Bharat Mandapam
Sankalp Saptah is a unique week-long initiative initiated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, set to commence on September 30, 2023, at Bharat Mandapam, New Delhi, starting at 10 AM. This program is closely aligned with the Aspirational Blocks Programme (ABP), which was launched by the Prime Minister on January 7, 2023, with the goal of enhancing governance and improving the quality of life in 500 Aspirational Blocks spanning 329 districts across India.
Sankalp Saptah Programme Aim
The Aspirational Blocks Programme (ABP) is a comprehensive nationwide effort aimed at strengthening governance at the block level, ultimately benefiting citizens. To effectively implement the Aspirational Blocks Programme and develop robust strategies for block-level development, discussions and planning sessions called chintan shivirs were held at village and block levels across the country. ‘Sankalp Saptaah’ serves as the culmination of these thoughtful deliberations.
Focus Theme of Sankalp Saptah Programme
During ‘Sankalp Saptaah,’ observed across all 500 Aspirational Blocks, each day from October 3rd to October 9th, 2023, will be dedicated to a specific development theme that all Aspirational Blocks actively address. The initial six days will focus on themes:
- Sampoorna Swasthya (Comprehensive Health): This theme focuses on improving the overall health and well-being of people in Aspirational Blocks. Initiatives may include providing better healthcare facilities, promoting healthy lifestyles, and ensuring access to essential medical services.
- Suposhit Pariwaar (Well-Nourished Families): This theme aims to address issues related to nutrition and food security. It seeks to ensure that families have access to nutritious food, especially for children and pregnant women, to promote good health and well-being.
- Swachhta (Cleanliness): Swachhta focuses on cleanliness and sanitation. The goal is to create clean and hygienic environments in these blocks, which can help prevent diseases and improve the overall quality of life.
- Krishi (Agriculture): Krishi centres on agricultural development. It includes initiatives to enhance farming practices, increase agricultural productivity, and support farmers in these blocks to improve their livelihoods through agriculture.
- Shiksha (Education): Shiksha emphasizes education. It aims to enhance the quality of education, improve access to schools, and ensure that children in these blocks receive a good education, thereby opening up better opportunities for their future.
- Samridhi Diwas (Prosperity Day): Samridhi Diwas is a day to celebrate the collective achievements of the entire week. It’s a day to reflect on the progress made in all the above themes and acknowledge the efforts made to uplift the Aspirational Blocks.
The concluding day, October 9, 2023, will be dedicated to celebrating the collective achievements of the entire week, marked as ‘Sankalp Saptaah – Samavesh Samaroh’ (Sankalp Saptaah – Inclusive Event).
The inaugural event at Bharat Mandapam is expected to witness the participation of approximately 3,000 panchayat and block-level people’s representatives and officials from across the country. Additionally, about two lakh individuals, including block and panchayat-level officials, farmers, and representatives from various walks of life, will virtually join the program. ‘Sankalp Saptaah’ aims to foster development and improve the lives of people in these Aspirational Blocks by focusing on specific themes and engaging stakeholders in a week-long initiative.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Sankalp Saptah at Bharat Mandapam, a state-of-the-art convention centre located in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. Bharat Mandapam is significant for its modern facilities and vast capacity, making it an ideal venue for important events like the launch of Sankalp Saptah. The convention centre spans across 123 acres and boasts a total built-up area exceeding 1 million square feet. It’s designed to accommodate over 7,000 people, making it the largest convention centre in India.
Bharat Mandapam’s modern amenities, including its plenary hall, exhibition hall, banquet hall, and sustainable features like rainwater harvesting and solar panels, made it an ideal venue for launching Sankalp Saptah. Its prime location in New Delhi ensures easy accessibility for delegates and visitors participating in initiatives like this, aimed at fostering development and improving the lives of people in India’s Aspirational Blocks.
Read about: One District One Product Scheme