- Full of, accompanied by, or involving something specified, usually something unpleasant
- Characterized by or causing tension or stress:
- To disturb or agitate suddenly as by surprise or alarm.
- To cause to start involuntarily, by or as by a sudden shock.
- Utterly and shamelessly immoral or dissipated; thoroughly dissolute.
- recklessly prodigal or extravagant.
- Extremely hungry; famished; voracious.
- Extremely rapacious.
- Intensely eager for gratification or satisfaction
- To assent tacitly; submit or comply silently or without protest; agree; consent:
- To grant a franchise to; admit to citizenship, especially to the right of voting.
- To endow (a city, constituency, etc.) with municipal or parliamentary rights.
- To set free; liberate, as from slavery.
- The act of coercing; use of force or intimidation to obtain compliance.
- Force or the power to use force in gaining compliance, as by a government or police force
English Vocabulary Download | Free PDF