Context of the Article: The future of white-collar work will see a reduction in jobs as AI will steadily replace them. This is a challenge for countries like India.
- The author writes about the efficiency and swift responses to the text prompt of ChatGPT and also highlighted the challenges related to the chatbot.
- What is ChatGPT?
- A chatbot, or a bot into which we can type questions and receive written answers, rather aptly called ChatGPT, is the rage. It is a generative AI or algorithm that can be used to make content.
- It generates text responses to text prompts like a very advanced chatbot. Released by OpenAI, ChatGPT can communicate in plain English with users in real time.
- The chatbot was also trained using Reinforcement Learning from Human Feedback (RLHF).
- Applications: ChatGPT or similar AI tools are already being used by architects, lawyers, and coders in their workplaces.
- For architects, it can generate images of designs based on inputs, for lawyers it creates first drafts of basic agreements and can also swiftly write simple codes for coders.
- Academic achievements: It is also good with examinations. ChatGPT scored higher than many human candidates in various exams, including MBA, Law and Medical.
What are the Limitations of ChatGPT or other AI tools?
- Non-substitute for thought: It is no substitute for thoughtful and careful research.
- Cannot mimic human judgment: Its findings cannot be relied on to substitute the judgment of a lawyer, doctor or engineer, or other professionals.
- Job losses: It might also start eliminating junior-level positions in fields like law, architecture, coding, and research-oriented jobs. The future of white-collar work will see a reduction.
Ethical Concerns Associated with AI and ChatGPT
- Plagiarism chokepoint
- Voter manipulation during elections
- Issue of privacy
- Serious implications on labour, education, the authenticity of the content, and its authorship
- Lack of regulations
- Generation of phishing email
- Malicious and dangerous coding
- In the present context, it is important to map out and plan for the changes that will be required in the education system, labour codes, and new commodities that are bound to emerge as a result.
- Doing so with a degree of success would mean that India’s demographic dividend can be leveraged for decades. Failure to do so in time will take a heavy toll.