Table of Contents
The Manasi Ksheerasagaram unit is a successful entrepreneurial venture of five women. The unit is working under Kudumbashree CDS of Melur Gramapanchayat, Thrissur district. The unit is the bread winning venture of the ladies involved. All the members are exceedingly satisfied with their farming activities and the income they acquire out of it.
- The women were finding it difficult to get an income for their livelihood.
- They were all from low-income families and did not have any formal education or training in farming.
- They were also facing social stigma because they were women.
- Kudumbashree, the poverty eradication mission of the state, came up with funding support to start a farm.
- The women took this as an opportunity and took up the venture in valour and hope.
- Kudumbashree helped them to build cattle shed, purchase cows, and start a fodder cultivation unit through subsidized loan.
- The Manasi Ksheerasagaram unit has been a huge success.
- The women are now able to earn a monthly income of Rs.2,06,500/-.
- After deducting the monthly expenditure on feed and other expenses of Rs.22,250/-, they earn a net profit of Rs.1,84,250/-.
- The unit has helped them to meet their routine financial needs, educate their children, and become financially independent.
- They are also a role model to other women in the area, and many such groups have been formed as a result.
The Manasi Ksheerasagaram unit is a successful example of how Kudumbashree can help women to break the cycle of poverty. The unit has provided the women with the financial resources, training, and support they need to succeed in business. The women are now able to provide for their families and live a life of dignity.