Table of Contents
Har Ghar Tiranga Campaign 2023
The Har Ghar Tiranga campaign, an integral part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, urges individuals to bring the Indian National Flag, affectionately known as the Tiranga, into their homes and hoist it with pride on the occasion of India’s 77th year of independence. This initiative not only fosters a personal connection to the flag but also symbolizes our collective commitment to nation-building. The Har Ghar Tiranga Campaign 2023 aims to evoke patriotism among the masses and enhance awareness about the significance of the Indian National Flag. You have to be well aware of the Flag Code of India for How to hoist Indian flags or Tiranga in your home to maintain its pride and dignity.
Har Ghar Tiranga Campaign 2023 Start Date
The second edition of the Har Ghar Tiranga Campaign 2023 is started from August 13th to 15th, 2023 for the celebration of Independence Day 2023. This period includes the three days leading up to and including Independence Day itself. The campaign resonates as a powerful reminder of our unity and love for our nation. The Har Ghar Tiranga campaign encourages all citizens of the country to hoist the tricolour flag at their homes. In India, there have been various initiatives and campaigns aimed at promoting patriotism and a sense of national pride among citizens. These initiatives often involve the display of the Indian national flag and encouraging people to connect with the country’s identity and values.
Har Ghar Tiranga Campaign Enrolment Process
By encouraging individuals to bring the Tiranga into their homes and hoist it, the campaign signifies a personal and collective commitment to the nation’s progress. Here is a step on how to enroll in the campaign:
- Visit the Website: Access the official website of the Har Ghar Tiranga campaign. The website link provided is https://harghartiranga.com.
- Dates and Registration: Check the campaign dates, which are from the 13th to the 15th of August 2023. Register yourself for the campaign on the website during this period.
- Submit Your Selfie: On the website, there will likely be a designated section or page where you can upload your selfie with the Tiranga. Follow the instructions to upload the image.
- Personal Details: Provide any necessary personal details as required on the website. This could include your name, contact information, and any additional information they may ask for.
- Submit Your Entry: Once you’ve uploaded your selfie and provided the required details, submit your entry. Make sure to review all the information before submission.
- Confirmation: After submitting your entry, you might receive a confirmation message acknowledging your participation in the Har Ghar Tiranga campaign 2023.
- Share on Social Media: To further promote the campaign and encourage others to participate, you can share your involvement on social media platforms using relevant hashtags provided by the campaign.
- Follow Campaign Updates: Stay connected with the campaign through its official social media channels or website to receive updates, event details, and more.
- Hoist the Flag: On the designated days of the campaign (13th to 15th August 2023), hoist the Indian National Flag (Tiranga) at your home with pride and respect.
- Spread Awareness: The primary objective of the campaign is to evoke patriotism and awareness about the Indian National Flag. You can spread the message to friends, family, and your community.
Read about: Independence Day Speech
Har Ghar Tiranga Campaign Significance
The “Har Ghar Tiranga” campaign holds significant importance in fostering a stronger connection between the Indian National Flag (Tiranga) and the citizens of India. The campaign’s core significance lies in its endeavour to bring the flag into the personal spaces of individuals and families, thereby bridging the gap between the formal and institutional relationship with the flag and fostering a more personal and emotional connection. Here are some key points highlighting the significance of the campaign:
The campaign aims to transform the relationship with the Indian National Flag from being primarily formal and institutional to a personal and emotional one. By encouraging people to hoist the flag at their homes, it aims to make the Tiranga an integral part of their daily lives.
Symbol of Unity and Patriotism
Hoisting the flag collectively as a nation during the 76th year of India’s independence symbolizes unity, patriotism, and a shared commitment to nation-building. It reinforces the idea that every citizen has a role to play in the progress and development of the country.
Promotion of Awareness
Through the campaign, awareness about the Indian National Flag’s significance, history, and proper display guidelines is spread among the masses. This helps in instilling a sense of respect and understanding about the flag’s symbolism.
Invocation of Patriotism
By participating in the campaign, people are encouraged to reflect upon their love for the nation, invoke feelings of patriotism, and take pride in the country’s achievements. The flag becomes a visual reminder of the sacrifices made by freedom fighters and the ongoing journey of progress.
Respect and Dignity
The campaign emphasizes the proper handling, display, and disposal of the National Flag, in accordance with the Flag Code of India and the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act. This instils a sense of respect and dignity toward the flag’s representation.
The campaign encourages wide-scale public participation, making it an inclusive initiative that involves people from all walks of life, irrespective of their age, background, or affiliations. This collective participation magnifies its impact.
Continuation of Tradition
The campaign’s second edition builds upon the success and resonance of the previous year’s celebrations. It aims to establish the hoisting of the flag at homes as an annual tradition, marking the nation’s progress and unity.
Contribution to Nation-Building
By flying the flag at home, individuals contribute to the larger narrative of nation-building. It signifies a commitment to the principles of democracy, equality, and progress that the flag represents.
Connection to Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
The campaign operates under the aegis of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, which commemorates 75 years of India’s independence. It aligns with the broader initiative’s goal of celebrating freedom and envisioning a brighter future for the country.
Har Ghar Tiranga Campaign UPSC
The “Har Ghar Tiranga” campaign holds significance for the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) aspirants as it aligns with various aspects of the UPSC syllabus, making it relevant for those preparing through UPSC online coaching and mock tests. The campaign touches upon themes related to India’s national symbols, constitution, and cultural heritage, which are important for the Indian Polity and Art & Culture segments of the UPSC Syllabus.
Additionally, the campaign’s emphasis on patriotism, awareness about the Indian National Flag, and commitment to nation-building resonate with the Ethics and Values part of the syllabus. Understanding and analyzing such campaigns not only enriches candidates’ knowledge but also enhances their capacity to address contemporary issues effectively in the UPSC examination. Candidates can develop a firm understanding of such topics by joining UPSC Online Coaching Platforms and attempting UPSC Mock Test to test their understanding.