Table of Contents
- Gram Tarang is a pioneering initiative that aims to uplift the most marginalized segments of society residing in challenging, hard-to-reach regions of India by offering opportunities for sustainable livelihoods and equitable growth.
- In India, traditional models of skill training often rely on students paying for their education or government subsidies.
- However, Gram Tarang has redefined this approach by introducing a groundbreaking 1/3 x 1/3 x 1/3 revenue model, where training costs are shared by three vital stakeholders: individuals, government, and enterprises.
- Industry Involvement and State-of-the-Art Facilities: Partnerships facilitate the establishment of cutting-edge workshops and labs equipped with state-of-the-art machinery and tools, providing trainees with an immersive learning experience that matches industry standards.
- Government Support: Gram Tarang has strategically aligned itself with government schemes such as the Ministry of Rural Development’s DDU GKY and the Housing Urban Development Department’s SJSRY – NULM.
- Industry Sponsorships and CSR: It guarantee that trainees acquire specific skill sets and may even be sponsored partially or fully by the hiring companies, enhancing their employability.
- Flexible Payment Options: “Pay as you earn” model, allowing trainees to undergo training on credit and repay the cost in installments after gaining employment.
Key Initiatives and Achievements:
- Community Mobilization
- Partnership with the Directorate General of Training
- Gram Tarang’s commitment to inclusivity is evident in its skill training programs.
- The program promotes gender sensitivity both in training and in the engagement of trainers, fostering an environment of equal opportunity.
- Gram Tarang has pioneered the Centurion Vocational Education Qualifications Framework (CVEQF).
- Over 7,000 disadvantaged youth have undergone training through Garam Tarang.
- An impressive 78% placement record showcases the effectiveness of the program in securing sustainable livelihoods for its trainees.
Gram Tarang’s innovative revenue model and strategic collaborations with industry and government not only transformed the lives of thousands but has also contributed significantly to equitable growth and development in the most challenging regions of the country.