- Sharp or biting to the taste or smell; bitterly pungent; irritating to the eyes, nose, etc.
- Extremely or sharply stinging or bitter; exceedingly caustic:
- Working or acting merely for money or other reward; venal.
- Hired to serve in a foreign army, guerrilla organization, etc.
- to think or meditate in silence, as on some subject.
- to meditate on.
- to comment thoughtfully or ruminate upon.
- To render or declare legally void or inoperative:
- To deprive (something) of value or effectiveness; make futile or of no consequence.
- The quality of being vehement; ardor; fervor.
- Vigorous impetuosity; fury: