Rythu Bharosa Kendra (RBKs) have been set up to provide a one-stop solution to all the farmers’ needs at their doorstep in Andhra Pradesh, from 2020 with all trained staff and facilities.
About Rythu Bharosa Kendra
- The RBKs are unique seeds-to-sales, single-window service centres for farmers that have been set up across the state.
- They are a one-stop solution to all farmers’ needs and grievances.
- Also, RBKs sell pre-tested quality seeds, certified fertilisers and animal feed. Farmers can purchase or hire farm equipment, and even sell their produce at the prevailing MSP in the RBKs.
- Also, agriculture and horticulture officials manning the RBKs also provide services like soil testing and make recommendations — on which crops to sow, and the quantity and type of fertiliser to be used.
- Further, the state government also pays crop insurance, procures grains and makes payments to farmers through the RBKs.
- Impacts/Benefits of RBKs include:
- Improved interaction between farmers, agriculture scientists, and agriculture extension officers right at the village level.
- Based on inputs provided by officials after soil testing and weather conditions, many farmers have changed their cropping patterns.
- The RBKs have been responsible for elimination of spurious seeds and uncertified and dangerous fertilisers, which can cause crop damage and failures.
- Crop insurance, input subsidies and rythu bharosa are being transmitted to beneficiaries at the right time
- Most of the farmers are selling their produce at the MSP level avoiding middlemen
- As a result of its impact, the scheme was nominated for United Nations Award by the Centre for Champion Awards (CCA) of the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) for their remarkable service to the farmers of Andhra Pradesh.
- Thus, the reach of the scheme and its ease of application should inspire other Governments in India to replicate the model for the benefit of farmers.