- Of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate:
- Not satisfactory; poor; inferior
- To increase the severity, bitterness, or violence of (disease, ill feeling, etc.); aggravate.
- To embitter the feelings of (a person); irritate; exasperate.
- Generous bestowal of gifts
- The gift or gifts, as of money, so bestowed.
- Generosity; liberality.
- Not to be persuaded, moved, or affected by prayers or entreaties:
- Unyielding; unalterable:
- To introduce, as if by pouring; cause to penetrate; instill
- To imbue or inspire