President confers Nari Shakti Awards 2018Date: 09 March 2019 Tags: Honours & Awards
President Ram Nath Kovind presented the Nari Shakti awards 2018, the highest civilian honour for women in India on the occasion of International Women's Day (observed on March 8). Total 41 individuals and three institutions were given the award.
Nari Shakti awards 2018
- Some of the awardees include acid attack victim and social activist Pragya Prasun, Rani Mistri Sunita Devi, first woman marine pilot of India Reshma Nilofer Naha, woman commando trainer Dr Seema Rao, spiritual and motivational speaker Brahma Kumari Shivani and wildlife conservationist Sonia Jabbar.
- It was also awarded to One Stop Centre of Lucknow. Tamil Nadu State Social Welfare and Nutritious Meal Department was also awarded for its exceptional progress in improving child sex ratio at birth under Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme.
Nari Shakti Puraskar
- It is highest civilian honour for women in India for their exceptional achievement and exemplary service to the cause of upliftment of women.
- It is given by Union Ministry of Women and Child Development. It aims to acknowledge and recognize achievement of women.
- It is bestowed upon on eminent women and institutions in recognition of their service towards the cause of women empowerment.
- It instituted in 1991 and since then awarded annually by President on occasion of International Women’s Day.
- It carries cash award of Rs. 1 lakh and certificate for individuals and institutions.