Artificial Intelligence (AI)-Interview
- Juergen Schmidhuber, 54, is a computer scientist who works on Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Artificial intelligence is intelligence displayed by machines, in contrast with the natural intelligence displayed by humans and other animals
- My goal to build a general purpose AI that can learn to do multiple things.
- It must learn the learning algorithm itself (that can help it master chess as well as drive a car, for instance)
- 90s, there was a self-teaching neural network by IBM
- Brain has a hundred billion neurons and each is connected to 10,000 others.
- That’s a million-billion connections and each of them has a ‘strength’ that indicates how much one neuron influences another -Long Short-Term Memory?
Transit gambit(पहला क़दम)
- The Centre needs to do more to ease the shift to e-way bills for transport of goods
- e-way bills for transport of goods- Starting February 1, all inter-State movement of goods
worth over •50,000 will be tracked with the introduction of the e-way bill system under GST
- All…consignments moving more than 10 km from their origin will require prior registration
and generation of an e-way bill through the GST Network
- Which will be valid for varying durations depending on the distance travelled.
- All States must implement the bill system for capturing intra-State trade by June 1
- Therefore, a fully integrated tracking system for all taxable goods can be expected only then.
- Inter-State movement of goods was also tracked under the VAT (value-added tax) regime,
but intra-State transactions were not
- Over 150 items of common use, including LPG cylinders, vegetables, foodgrain and jewellery, will be exempt from such transport permits, which can be checked by designated tax officials
- In October, the GST Council had decided to introduce e-way bills in a staggered manner from January 1, with a nationwide roll-out on April 1, 2018
- Advance the implementation of e-way bills- just two days after polling closed in Gujarat
Prelims Focus Facts-News Analysis
- Page-1– China a threat, India an ally: Trump
- U.S. security strategy hails New Delhi’s emergence as a ‘leading global power
- China slams U.S. strategy as ‘Cold War mentality
- Centre wants GST on fuel: Jaitley
- FM ,however, says a consensus among States is required before taking such a step
- Parliament gives nod to IIM Bill
- Parliament on Tuesday unanimously passed a Bill to grant the Indian Institutes of
Management the power to grant degrees instead of post-graduate diplomas.
- Bill also allows students to acquire doctoral degrees from the IIMs.
- Bill, passed by the Lok Sabha earlier, was passed by the Rajya Sabha on Tuesday
- ‘230% increase in ceasefire violations’
- In 2017, Pakistan violated cease•re 771 times along the LoC while the •figure stood at
228 last year
- Ola buys Foodpanda’s India business