SSC conducts SSC JE exam annually for various departments such as Military Engineering Services (MES), Central Public Works Department (CPWD), Central Water Commission (CWC), and Department of Posts (India Post), etc.
As per the official news, the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release SSC JE 2018 Notification on 1st September to recruit eligible candidates for Junior Engineer Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Posts. Therefore, candidates who want to apply for SSC JE Recruitment 2018 via an online process will be able to apply from 1st to 23rd September 2018.
Junior Engineering(Electrical,Civil,Mechanical) Examination 2018 – Paper I
Date Of Advertisement : 15-December-2018
Closing Date : 07-January-2019
Date Of Examination : To Be Notified Later
SSC JE 2018 Vacancy
No official notification regarding SSC JE 2018 vacancies has been published as of now.
SSC JE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must ensure to have any of the following nationalities for SSC JE 2018 exam:
- Citizen of India.
- Belongs to Bhutan or Nepal.
- Tibetan Refugee, who had come to India before 1st January 1962, and have their permanent settlement in India,
- Emigrates from Countries like Pakistan, Sri-Lanka, Burma and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam and Ethiopia who intend for permanent settlement in India.
Educational Qualification (as on 1st August 2018)
BE/B.Tech/Diploma in Engineering from a recognized college or university is the minimum criteria required for all the candidates appearing in the SSC JE 2018 Examination.
The additional criteria required in accordance to the posts applied are tabulated below:
Candidates must be able to produce relevant certificates/Provisional Degree/Mark sheets in original on or before 1st August 2018.
The registration fee for SSC JE 2018 shall be Rs. 100 for General/OBC category candidates.
A complete fee exemption is observed in the case of SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen (eligible for reservation) /Female candidates.
Candidates can pay the application fee through both Online & Offline mediums. The available mediums are:
- SBI Challan (payment in cash).
- Net Banking.
- Credit Card/Debit Card.
How To Apply
SSC JE 2018 application comprises of two parts:
The part I of the application form comprises of the basic personal details of a candidate such as Name, Address, Email, Contact Details, Educational qualifications, Posts etc.
Part II includes only three steps:
- Payment of Application fee.
- Uploading of Photograph and Signature.
- Printing of completed application fee.
Candidates must not send the printed application form to SSC office under any circumstance. The Application process is completely online.
- The SSC JE 2018 Paper-I admit card will be available in the Feb 2019 tentatively. Applicants have to download their Admit Card from the official Website of SSC.
- The details of Exam Date and Exam Centre will be contained in the Admit Card.
- ID proofs such as Adhaar Card, Voter Cards, Driving Licence, etc should be brought along with the Admit Card on the day of the Examination.
The SSC JE 2018 examination will be a 2-step recruitment test. Step one of the process involves a computer-based test while the second stage is a conventional paper.
Both of these papers will test candidate’s engineering knowledge along with general aptitude.
SSC JE 2018 Pay Scale
- Grade Pay: 4200
- Gross Pay: 32,667-Rs. 37,119.