WHAT IS IIP?
According to the CSO,
- “It is a composite indicator that measures the short- term changes in the volume of production of a basket of industrial products during a given period with respect to that in a chosen base period.”
COMPONENTS OF IIP
USE-BASED CLASSIFICATION OF INDUSTRIES UNDER IIP
CORE INDUSTRIES IN THE IIP- 40.27% WEIGHTAGE
WHO PUBLISHES IIP DATA?
- IIP index is currently calculated using 2011-2012 as the base year.
- Latest changes were made on 12th May 2017.
- India’s industrial output rebounded in November after three consecutive months of contraction.
- IIP expand by 1.8% in November, 2019.