BCCI constitutes a 3-membered Cricket Advisory Committee.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has announced the appointment of Madan Lal, Rudra Pratap Singh and Sulakshana Naik as Cricket Advisory Committee(CAC).
- Deepa Malik Elected President of the Paralympic Committee Of India.
SC sets up committee to Draft Legislation on Mediation.
- The Supreme Court has set up a committee to ﬁrm up draft legislation to give legal sanctity to disputes settled through mediation.
- The panel, to be headed by mediator Niranjan Bhat.
- So, if there is a commercial problem or dispute between two businesses, they could ﬁrst undergo pre-litigation mediation. If it cannot be solved, then they can approach courts.
Committee on Indian Academy of Highway Engineers (IAHE).
- The ﬁnal report of the Committee on Indian Academy of Highway Engineers (IAHE) headed by Yudhvir Singh Malik has been submitted to the Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shri Nitin Gadkari.
- The report stresses to improve the present training infrastructure, content, training methodology & to create linkages with world-famous international institutes and undertake applied research & related works.
Committee to draft the National Water Policy.
- Chairman – Dr Mihir Shah, Distinguished Professor at Shiv Nadar University
- The committee established by the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Government of India will outline the new National Water Policy (NWP) for the
Road Safety Committee.
- Chairman – The Supreme Court has appointed Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre as chairman.
- The committee was earlier set up by the apex court while hearing a PIL on the issue of road safety in the country.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has unveiled a ₹102 lakh crore national infrastructure pipeline, in accordance with the Narendra Modi government’s vision to make India a $5 trillion economy by 2024-25.
- The ﬁnance ministry had set up a task force headed by Economic AGairs Secretary Atanu Chakraborty to prepare a road map for the “national infrastructure pipeline” from 2019-20 to 2024-25 under the ₹100 lakh crore infra plan.
SC forms 2-judge committee to expedite disposal of rape cases.
- The Supreme Court has set up a two-judge committee to expedite disposal of rape cases across the country. The panel will exclusively monitor the cases and ensure trials are swift and e cient.
- The panel, announced by Chief Justice of India SA Bobde comprises Justice Subhash Reddy and Justice MR Shah.
- Former deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), H R Khan has been appointed as the ﬁrst chairman of the steering committee of the Code for Responsible Lending (CRL) in micro-credit.
- The CRL is a self-regulatory step for the micro-credit industry making diverse entities like banks, NBFC-MFIs and NBFCs adhere to standards of customer protection.
National Code for Good Governance.
- Union Ministry of Youth A”airs & Sports (MYAS) has constituted a 13-member expert committee to review the Draft National Code for Good Governance in Sports, 2017.
- The committee will be chaired by Retired SC Justice Mukundakam Sharma.
DoT sets up committee to examine the impact of telecom tariG hikes.
- The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has set up an internal committee to examine the impact of the increase in tari” hikes that Vodafone Idea, Bharti Airtel, and Reliance Jio have announced and came into e”ect December 1 onwards.
- This committee of secretaries is headed by the Cabinet Secretary Shri Rajiv Gauba and is looking at providing appropriate relief.
Centre Constitutes High Level Committee on Petrochemical Investment.
- The Centre has constituted a high-level committee to suggest necessary policy initiatives for attracting more investments into the Petroleum, Chemicals and Petrochemical Investment Regions (PCPIR) in the country.
- Chairman : Andhra Pradesh bureaucrat Rajat Bhargava.
- This is the ﬁrst time the Centre is seeking to amend the PCPIR Policy after it was put in place in
Govt sets up panel of secretaries to help ease stress in telecom sector.
- The government has set up a committee of secretaries (CoS) under Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba to suggest measures to mitigate ﬁnancial stress in the telecom sector, which is looking at a payout of Rs 1.33 trillion to clear statutory dues.
Govt sets up panel to resolve MEITY and NITI ﬁght over AI.
- The government has formed a committee to resolve di”erences between the Niti Aayog and the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY) over who will implement its ambitious artiﬁcial intelligence mission.
- The committee will be headed by principal scientiﬁc advisor K Vijay Raghavan and represented by the secretary in the department of science and technology, the CEO of Niti Aayog and secretary of MeitY.
- Niti Aayog received clearance from the expenditure ﬁnance committee (EFC) for a budget of Rs 7,000 crore, while MeitY had sent a separate Rs 400 crore proposal to the EFC to set up a national AI programme.
- MeitY also announced the setting up a national AI centre in January, but there has been no clarity on its status.
National Green Tribunal (NGT) has set up a committee.
- to formulate steps required to prevent unauthorised extraction of groundwater.
- Akhil Kumar (Joint Secretary-MoWR) will be the ex-o cio chairman of the committee.
- The Central Government has constituted a three-member committee to look into the distribution of assets and liabilities of Jammu and Kashmir between two successor Union territories, which came into existence on October 31.
- Sanjay Mitra (former defence secretary) is the head of the committee.
Panel formed to implement Amit Shah’s order for 100 days homestay to CAPF jawans.
- The seven-member panel, headed by CRPF Additional Director General (ADG) Atul Karwal, was asked to submit its recommendations to the ministry within four weeks.
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has set up an eight-member committee to evaluate applications ﬁled under the Regulatory Sandbox approach to promote innovative ideas to foster growth in insurance sector.
- The committee will be headed by International Institute of Information Technology (Bangalore) Director S Sadagopan.
IRDAI setups panel on trade credit insurance.
- Head – Atul Sahai (CMD of New India Assurance)
- To review its three-year old guidelines on trade credit insurance in line with the changing requirements of the market.
- ICMR : Task Force on Gene Therapy
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) will set up a task force on gene therapy in order to encourage research in the ﬁeld.
- The purpose of setting up the task force is to explore gene editing based therapeutic approaches that will treat illness.
Company Law Committee-2019 submits its report to Finance Minister.
- The Company Law Committee was constituted by the Ministry of Corporate A”airs decriminalise the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013
- Shri Injeti Srinivas headed this committee.
- A High-Level Advisory Group (HLAG) headed by Surjit S Bhalla recently issued a suggestion to the Government of India to issue “Elephant Bonds” to help India recover up to $500 billion of black money stashed overseas.
- What is Elephant Bond? The elephant Bond is a proposed debt instrument, a 25-year sovereign bond in which people declaring undisclosed income will be bound to invest 50 percent of that income in these bonds.
Committee to the Uniform Tax Rate on Lottery.
- The GST Council constituted an 8-member Group of Ministers under Maharashtra Finance Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar.
- The Committee ﬁxed a uniform tax rate of 28 percent on both state and private lotteries.