- To depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution.
- An instance or point of weakness; feebleness; incapability.
- Stupidity; silliness; absurdity.
- An instance of this.
- A decline of mental faculties, especially as associated with old age; senility.
- Excessive fondness; foolish affection.
- To dull the luster of (a metallic surface), especially by oxidation; discolor.
- To diminish or destroy the purity of; stain; sully.
- To expose or excoriate (a claim, assertion, sentiment, etc.) as being pretentious, false, or exaggerated.