PAK CHINA DEAL
- As part of a broader offensive against India and Western rivals, Pakistan and China have entered a secret three-year agreement to expand potential bio-warfare capabilities, including several research projects related to the deadly agent anthrax.
- Anthrax is caused by a spore-forming bacterium. It mainly affects animals. Humans can become infected through contact with an infected animal or by inhaling spores.
- The most deadly form is inhalation anthrax. If the spores of anthrax are inhaled, they migrate to lymph glands in the chest where they proliferate, spread, and produce toxins that often cause death.
- According to the report, the Wuhan lab has signed the covert deal with Pakistan military’s Defense Science and Technology Organization (DESTO), to collaborate research in “emerging infectious diseases” and advance studies on the biological control of transmitted diseases.
- The infamous Wuhan Lab has “lent all financial, material and scientific support for the project”.
- The program being entirely funded by China is formally titled “Collaboration for Emerging Infectious Diseases and Studies on Biological Control of Vector Transmitting Diseases”.
CHINA DOING TESTING OUTSIDE CHINA
- Under the project, China is testing biological agents outside its borders to minimize the “risk of drawing condemnation from the international community”.
CHINA HID INFO ON CORONAVIRUS AS WELL…
China has been accused over its opaqueness in the handling of coronavirus as crucial information of the lethal virus was not revealed in the early days of the outbreak which could have helped the pandemic to be tackled more effectively.
DETAILS OF THE PROJECT!!!
- “covert China-Pakistan project has conducted “successful soil sampling tests” to isolate Bacillus Thuringiensis (BT), which has a “striking similarity” to Bacillus Anthracis – or anthrax.“
Pakistan Will help in this manner
- “Considering the striking similarity between BT and Bacillus Anthracis, (Pakistan’s) improved know-how in handling the bacteria could enrich a potential offensive biological program,
China will help in this manner
- The Wuhan Lab has provided Pakistan with reagents for Bacillus Thuringiensis. It is also providing “extensive training on the manipulation of pathogens and bio-informatics” to Pakistani scientists “to help Pakistan develop its own virus collection database”.
- The secret project was “detached from supervision of civilian universities or government health departments in Pakistan” and was structured so as to allow unspecified operations
PROGRESS MADE IN THE PROJECT
- The China-Pakistan biological project had already undertaken experiments on the Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Virus (CCHFV), a rapid-onset fever virus that causes death in about 25% of cases and is similar to the Ebola virus.
- Pakistan is allegedly carrying out tests on CCHFV in laboratories which are not equipped to handle Bio-Safety Level-4 diseases.
HOW INDIA VIEWS THIS DEAL…
- “China’s keen interest in the project is driven chiefly by its agenda to engage Pakistan against India and to conduct potentially dangerous experiments on foreign soil, without subjecting its own land and people to risk,”.
THREAT FOR THE WORLD…
- The threat of biological warfare has grown considerably in recent years with experts warning that China is heavily involved in DNA research that could potentially enable a biological weapon to target, or be ineffective against, people of specific races.