• The Public Service Commission of Bihar conducts this recruitment test for positions like: Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Block Development Officer, Assistant Regional Transport Officer, Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Tax), District CommandantHome guards, Treasury Officer/Accounts Officer (Treasury), Cane Inspector and Assistant Sugar Commissioner, Superintendent Jail, Manager Credit (Small Industries) etc.
• The recruitment is conducted in three successive stages: Preliminary (Objective type & Multiple Choice), Mains (Subjective type), and Personality Test
• Preliminary examination consists of two compulsory papers each of 200 marks, and 2 hours for each paper. Both the paper contains 150-100 questions respectively.
• Mains examination consists of four compulsory papers:
1. General Hindi (150 marks)
2. Essay (150 marks)
3. General Studies-i (200 marks)
4. General Studies-ii (200 marks) and one optional subject consisting of two papers of 200 marks each (Choices for optional is available on TNPSC site).
• Personality Test is of total 200 marks.