- Delhi Police has been in news yet again but for a very different reason this time. Two daughters of the police personnel have made their parents proud by securing ranks under top 50 in the UPSC CSE 2019, the results of which have been released by the Commission on upsc.gov.in.
- Navneet Mann and Vishaka have secured 6th and 33rd rank respectively and would soon become IAS officers.
- The Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal took to his twitter account to congratulate Vishakha Yadav, the daughter of a Delhi Police assistant sub-inspector, who is the 6th rank holder in the UPSC civil services examination 2019.
- Also, the Delhi Police Commissioner S N Shrivastava congratulated the UPSC rank holders from the Delhi Police family yesterday.
- Vishakha Yadav, who secured 6th rank in the exam is a resident of Kuran Garden in New Delhi and used to study for 10 hours a day to score well in the exams.
- Vishakha gave up her multinational company job and appeared for the exams. She failed the first two times but did not lose hope. The third time was the charm for her.
- She succeeded! Vishakha was felicitated by the Delhi Police and her proud father ASI Raj Kumar distributed sweets in his department yesterday.