- UPSC-2019 results were announced and Odisha’s Sanjita Mohapatra was able to secure the 10th rank in the prestigious examination.
- In a candid self-shot video, Sanjita speaks of the hard work she put in, the UPSC final interview and the bright future that awaits her. “I had hoped to get a good rank but had not imagined featuring in the top 10. Nobody studies with a rank in mind, but I am happy that my results are this good,” says Sanjita.
- “The most common question I am asked is how many hours of hard work do I put in. But I believe more in quality of time put in. My focus was never on hours but the target which I had set to complete. I followed daily and weekly schedules and studied accordingly.”
- “Everybody has their own style of studying and I would suggest aspirants figure out their own style instead of copying somebody else’s style,” puts the 10th rank holder simply.
- My interview went over for more than 30 minutes and I was asked a variety of questions. The questions ranged from the current migration scenario because of the pandemic and condition of women in Odisha.
- My reply to the latter included how Odisha was the first State to introduce 33% reservation for women in Legislative Assembly and Parliament and also spoke of the Mission Shakti program.
- She thanked each and every person who played an important part in her life starting from her childhood to right where she is right now.
- “My parents, my schooling, my in-laws, my husband who continually motivated me are all part of my journey. My friends and colleagues at SAIL and Rourkela Steel Plant have also helped me in their own way.”