ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE-UPSC PRELIMS 2020
Q) With the present state of development, Artificial Intelligence can effectively do which of the following?
- Bring down electricity consumption in industrial units
- Create meaningful short stories and songs
- Disease diagnosis
- Text-to-Speech Conversion
- Wireless transmission of electrical energy
- Select the correct answer using the code given below :
- 1,2,3 and 5 only
- 1, 3 and 4 only
- 2, 4 and 5 only
- 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- In June 2020, India along with Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, New Zealand and others joined together to create the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI) for the responsible development and use of AI.
FIRST OF ITS KIND SUMMIT
WHAT IS THE RAISE 2020 SUMMIT ABOUT?
- In keeping with the theme of ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment’, RAISE 2020 hosts an exciting line-up of leaders, policy designers, innovators and other diverse stakeholders, who contribute to the discourse on the potential of artificial intelligence for promoting public good across domains, such as health, education, mobility, agriculture etc.
WHAT PM SAID
- In his address, the Prime Minister talked about the ‘Responsible AI for Youth’ Program which was launched in April 2020.
- While informing about the program, he added that over 11,000 students from schools have completed their basic course under this, and now they are building projects related to Artificial Intelligence.
WHAT PM MODI SAID
- –We must protect the world against weaponization of AI by non-state actors.
- –Artificial Intelligence can be used for making our disaster management systems stronger.
- India has recently adopted the National Education Policy 2020. It focuses on technology-based learning and skilling as a major part of education. E-courses will also be developed in various regional languages and dialects.