Supertech Noida Twin Towers Case
Location of Supertech Noida Twin Towers
- Sector 93 A , Noida Twin Tower – Apex and Ceyane Number of Flats – 900 flats Estimated cost – 70 crores
Important Timelines for development of Supertech Noida Twin Towers
- 2004-05 – A plan was approved to construct a society Emerald Court of 14 towers of 10 floors each.
- 2006 – A new plan was presented with total of 16 towers now.
- 2009- construction of 14 towers gets completed with approval waited for the final two towers. Two towers to have 40 floors each.
- 2011- Emerald Court RWA moves to Allahabad High Court.
- 2014 – The HC passed judgments in favor of the residents.
What about the buyers?
- The Supreme Court has ordered a refund of the entire amount to the home buyers.
- They will also be paid interest of 12% from the time of booking
- The RWA of Emerald court project will also be paid Rs 2 crore for the harassment caused.
About the Demolition of Supertech Noida Twin Towers
- Demolition will be carried on 28th of August, 2.30 pm.
- It will be conducted by Mumbai based Edifice Engineering .
- Demolition will leave behind 55000 tons of Debris with market value of 15 crores.
- No drones will be allowed to fly in the exclusion zone.
- The technique used in demolition is the Implosion Technique where the building collapses on itself.
Demolition Expert- About Sharad B Sarwate
- Sharad B Sarwate, a demolition expert hail from Bhopal. He has brought down more than 315 buildings in the last 25 years, the vast majority of them having been declared illegal construction.
Safety Measures Taken
- The two societies nearby ATS village and Emerald Court will be vacated.
- Ambulance and Fire Brigades will be placed in the vicinity.
- Beds are reserved in the nearby hospital.
What should we learn from Noida Twin Tower Case?
- Such cases will act as a deterrent for the builders resorting to illegal practices
- As per FPCE – a mechanism should be devised to let homebuyers know whether the property they are buying is illegal or legal.