MAJOR MOBILE PHONE MANUFACTURERS
- Lenovo (including Motorola Mobility, Vibe)
- TCL(including Alcatel, Blackberry, and Palm)
CHINESE PHONES CONTINUE TO RING AT FULL VOLUME
- There has been no palpable impact on sales of Chinese smartphone and electronics brands in the Indian market on Tuesday and Wednesday despite the border tension flaring up and #BoycottChineseProducts trending on social media.
- Four leading cellphone and electronics retail chains said consumer sentiments towards Chinese brands have not changed since they are perceived to be of good quality and value for money.
- The brands also went ahead with Amazon and Flipkart for their flash sales and have been promoting them heavily there.
- India’s largest smartphone maker, Xiaomi, sold out laptops it launched in India on Wednesday on its platform Mi.com.
- US-China JV Carrier Midea India MD Krishan Sachdev said there was no change in consumer sentiments for its Midea range of products. Oppo on Wednesday launched a premium series of smartphones, while OnePlus is going ahead with plans to launch a new line of smart TVs next month.
Latest Burning Issues | Free PDF