Kerala High Court introduces paperless courts for hearing bail, tax matters with effect from August 1
- As per the notice issued on Thursday, paperless courts are being introduced in Bail jurisdiction and Tax matters (Single Bench), and the division bench considering appeals from the said single benches.
- As per the present roster, the following benches will commence functioning as paperless courts from August 1:
- Division Bench – Justices SV Bhatti and Basant Balaji
- Single Bench – Justice Gopinath P
- Single Bench – Justice Viju Abraham
- Single Bench – Justice Bechu Kurian Thomas
- Single Bench – Justice K Babu
- as the name suggests, is a court that functions without the physical paper books, where judges rely on digitised court records and use technology for facilitating the court proceedings.
Supreme Court Judge Justice DY Chandrachud
- “The simplicity of the paperless initiative does not do justice to the numerous benefits that can be achieved with it- the most immediate impact of the paperless initiative would be the environmental benefit of having digitised court records. Apart from this, digitisation of court records, coupled with e-filing, leads to ensuring speedy delivery of justice by reducing the time and resources needed for management of physical courts.”