- Jaun Elia was born on december 14, 1931, in Amroha,Uttar Pradesh, India. He is youngest of his family
- In Amroha he received his early education under the guidance of his father,He acquired the degrees of Urdu ,Persian and Arabic
- Jaun Elia had very communist views, he became adverse to this idea of a separate state but finally chose to join Pakistain in 1957 and chose Karachi as the residing city.
- He had also collected his letters to Zahida Hena To whome he was married but they had separated later in 1992
- His poetry is known for its unending pain. According to him, the highest level of love is in actual the Beginning of separation from lover.
- The renowned poet, biographer and Scholar Jaun Elia died at the age of 70 after a protracted illness on Nov 8, 2002, in Karachi.
- He was a Chronic TB patient who couldn’t escape from death.
- Jaun Elia was deeply interested in the disciplines of history, philosophy, and religion
- He published his first anthology Shaayed (1991) during his lifetime, other collections Yaani ,Gumaan ,Lekin, Goyaa and a book in prose entitled Farmood were published posthumously.
- The Presidential Award for Pride of Performance in 2000 from the government of Pakistan.
HIS FAMOUS SHAYRI
- Mai bhi ajeeb hu or itna ajeeb hu ki
- khud ko tabaah karliya or malaal bhi nhi.
- Mera ghar barbaad hogya
- Mere sab log mar gaye
- Ye hasne ki baat hai?
- Accha,ye hasne ki baat hai.
- uski umeed e naaz ka
- Humse ye maan tha
- Ke aap,
- Umar gujaar dijiye ,umar gujaar di gayi.