- Recently, the surviving soldiers of Operation Dudhi were felicitated by Assam Rifles.
- In 1991, 72 militants were eliminated by the Assam Rifles in a single counter-insurgency operation that was conducted in Jammu & Kashmir.
- This operation was undertaken by Assam Rifles while it was in Jammu & Kashmir from the years 1990 to 1992.
- A team of 15 soldiers gunned down 72 Pakistan-trained extremists.
- This remains the most successful counter-insurgency operation that has been conducted by any security force till date.
- Conducted on May 3, 1991, Operation Dudhi was undertaken by a group comprising a Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) and 14 other ranks under the command of Naib Subedar Padam Bahadur Chhetri.
- Assam Rifles is a Central Paramilitary Force under the Central Armed Police Forces.
- It came into being in 1835, as a militia called the ‘Cachar Levy’, to primarily protect British Tea estates and their settlements against tribal raids.
AVSAR- ‘Connect to Opportunities Initiative’
- The AVSAR- ‘Connect to Opportunities Initiative’ has been launched by Jammu & Kashmir’s Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha.
- It is a dedicated portal that will be used to connect job aspirants of the Union Territory with the industry.
- This newly launched initiative has the aim of creating more than 10,000 job opportunities for the aspirants of the UT in 2022.
- This initiative has been provisioned so that the youth of the UT can be facilitated with real-time information informing the aspirants about job opportunities and pre-placement activities.
- The government of Jammu and Kashmir has launched J&K Mission Youth.
- Through this scheme, a vibrant medium will be provided to youth for empowerment.
- This scheme will cover all the residents of Jammu and Kashmir whose age is between 15 to 25 years.
- Through the J & K mission youth scheme the government is going to support and encourage young individuals in fulfilling their aspirations.
- The needs and concerns of individuals will be addressed.
Floating ATM at Dal Lake
- State Bank of India last year opened a floating ATM on a Houseboat at Dal Lake in Jammu and Kashmir’s Srinagar for the convenience of locals and tourists.
- This is not the first time that SBI has launched a floating ATM as back in 2004, the bank took this initiative in Kerala.
- The State Bank of India is the nation’s largest commercial bank, in terms of assets, deposits, customers, branches and employees
Dogri Manyata Diwas
- 22nd December is celebrated as Dogri Manyata Diwas every year in Dogri Speaking area of J&K.
- 22nd December holds a special significance for the people Dogra Community.
- It was on this day in 2004 that Dogri language along with Bodo, Maithili and Santhali were added into the 8th Schedule of the Indian Constitution.