PM Modi Independence Day Speech 2022
PM Narendra Modi delivered his 9th speech from the historic Red fort as The PM on the occasion of the 76th Independence Day celebration on 15th August 2022.
To commemorate 75 years of Independence the nation has been celebrating ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ under the ‘Amrit Mahotsav’ campaign launched by the government to remember the forsaken and forgotten freedom fighters.
The PM during his speech recounted various achievements of his government and laid down a vision for the ‘Amrit Kaal’ that could fulfil the aspiration of our society.
PM Modi Speech on Independence Day 2022 Highlights
Remembering Freedom Fighters of India
The PM began by remembering prominent freedom fighters Mahatma Gandhi, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, Babasaheb Ambedkar, and Veer Savarkar. Then he paid tribute to some iconic figures of the freedom struggle i.e Mangal Pandey, Tantya Tope, Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru, Chandrashekhar Azad, Ashfaq Ulla Khan, Ram Prasad Bismil.
PM then recognised the contribution of Nation-builders i.e Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Nehru, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Shyama Prasad Mookerjee, Lal Bahadur Shastri, Deendayal Upadhyay, Jai Prakash Narayan, Ram Manohar Lohia, Acharya Vinoba Bhave, Nanaji Deshmukh, Subramania Bharati. He also highlighted the contribution of Tribal heroes i.e Bhagwan Birsa Munda, Sidhu-Kanhu, Alluri Sitarama Raju, Govind Guru and the contribution of brave women i.e Rani Lakshmibai, Jhalkari Bai, Durga Bhabhi, Rani Gaidinliu, Rani Chennamma, Begum Hazrat Mahal, Velu Nachiyar.
PM addressed the aspirational society of today’s India and as he urged 130 crore countrymen to embrace Panch Pran of ‘Amrit Kaal’ as we are at the dawn of the ‘Amrit Kaal’ the golden opportunity to fulfil those aspirations was upon us.
5 Pledges of Amrit Kaal:
- The pursuit of developed India.
- Termination of the colonial mindset.
- Being proud of our roots.
- Sense of duty among citizens.
PM said these pledges are an important part of us realising and achieving our dreams as a nation in the coming 25 years when India celebrates its 100 years of independence.
Independence Day 2022 Achievements Of Government
PM also highlighted some of the major achievements that give us hope to exceed expectations i.e
- Freedom from open defecation
- 200 crore vaccinations in a record time
- 10 per cent ethanol blending.
- Electricity connection to 2.5 crore people
The pace of growth has increased in various fields from Startups to Renewable Energy, India is growing rapidly.
PM Modi Independence Day Speech 2022: Indian Tradition And Wisdom
The PM underlined various Indian quotes and inherent wisdom that can help guide not only us but the world as a whole. i.e
- “Ekam Sat Vipra Bahudha Vadanti” solution to upmanship
- “sarve bhavantu sukhinaḥ, sarve santu nirāmayāḥ” a prayer for all
- India’s Ayurveda and India’s holistic lifestyle.
- Heritage of growing paddy and millets getting appreciated at the international level.
- Seeing divinity in the environment.
- Peaceful co-existence
PM Modi Independence Day Speech 2022: Aatmanirbhar Bharat
PM Narendra Modi remembered Maharishi Aurobindo and the mantra he gave ‘Swadeshi to Swaraj’ to put the onus of ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat’ on every citizen, government and unit of society. Thus, referring to it as a Mass movement. He also highlighted some crucial points regarding it i.e –
- After 75 years of Independence, this was the first time a ‘Made in India’ cannon saluted the Tricolor from the Red Fort.
- Import restriction on 300 defence products.
- PLI scheme is attracting the world and new technologies. That is helping us to become a manufacturing hub and much more Self-reliant.
- Mission Hydrogen, biofuel and electric vehicles.
- Export of Brahmos Missile, Vande Bharat train and our metro coaches.
- Natural farming/Organic farming and the help of Nano Fertilizer can promote self-reliance.
- Private sector to take products to the world with ‘Zero Defect, Zero Effect’.
PM Modi Independence Day Speech 2022: Hail Innovation
The PM stated that it was imperative to add “hail innovation” (Jai Anusandhaan) to the already given slogans of “Hail the Soldier, Hail the Farmer” (Jai Jawan Jai Kisan) and “hail science” (Jai Vigyan) as we are set to enter the 5G era. He also mentioned:-
- The government is ensuring that optical fiber reaches every corner of India so the dream of Digital India can be achieved.
- Digitalisation would serve as a means to achieve transformation of the education eco-system, revolution in health infrastructure, and improvement in quality of lifestyle.
- It is a decade of technology and India is already a global force in the field of IT.
- Atal Innovation Mission
PM Modi Independence Day Speech 2022: PM Hails Nari Shakti
PM hailed the “Nari Shakti” (Women Power) which is involved in various activities of Nation building i.e in the field of the judiciary, public representatives, knowledge or science, and the Police force as the PM predicted the contribution from “Nari Shakti” to be much bigger in next 25 years.
PM Modi Independence Day Speech 2022: Speaks Against Corruption
PM used the stage to send a strong message against corruption and nepotism. He mentioned the following points;-
- Direct Benefit Transfer, Aadhaar and Mobile have helped to reduce 2 lakh crore rupees of leakages.
- Seizure of property and assets of those who looted the banks and fled the country during the previous government.
- PM sought the support of countrymen against the mindset of corrupt and corruption.
- Nepotism harms talent and opportunities, therefore it is necessary to root out the threat for cleansing India’s politics and all intuitions of the country.