- Tehreek-iLabaik Ya Rasool Allah (TLY) paralysed Pakistan‘s main
cities, which include Rawalpindi Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi
Government of Pakistan closed down all television news channels for a day
Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
- Moreover, in Islamabad and Lahore, education institutions
have had to be closed for two days, one day in Karachi
- 3-week long dharna, even by 3,000 unarmed men
- “I solemnly swear …”, was replaced by ―I believe…”.
Teach students to e-read
- Carlo Pizzati is an author and professor of communication theory.
- His most recent book is The Edge of an Era.
- It is a shame that the goal to eradicate child labour by 2025 seems elusive
- 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- International Labour Organisation (ILO) estimates 152 million children aged 5-17
would still be engaged in various occupations.
- Reduction child labour, just 1% point, during 4 years until 2016.
- In contrast was the fall of three percentage points in the corresponding period up to 2012
- ILO points to four systemic failures
- Absence of national legislation
- Lack of harmony between global commitment
- Universal basic education
- Lack of effective labour inspections.
- Around 71% of working children are concentrated in the agriculture sector, with 69% of them undertaking unpaid work in family units.
- A strong legal framework that mandates punitive action against recruitment
of youth and adults are important tools to guarantee the protection of children.
- Above all effective social protection policies from the cradle to the end
of their lives.
Cleaning up oil spills
- Chemical compound- Meisenheimer complex synthesised through a simple, single-step
process of mixing two chemicals at room temperature has been found to be highly
effective in removing fluoride and metal ions such as lead, mercury, cadmium, copper, &
iron from drinking water.
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata tested its
efficiency in removing oil spills.
- The compound has negative and positive charged parts and helps it absorb metal ion
pollutants and fluoride from water
- water filter using our compound,,
Prelims Focus Facts-News Analysis
- Govt. working on new ‗gas standards‘
- Bid to prepare uni•ed testing methodology to monitor air pollution
- Carbon Monoxide (CO), Sulphur Dioxide(SO2), Nitrous Oxide (NO2)
and Particulate –Pb (lead), –As (Arsenic) and –Ni (Nickel).