Delhi Edition of The Hindu
- Global Financial crisis of 2008
- ‘Taper tantrum’
- Quantitative easing
Battle of Koregaon- Understanding Bhima Koregao
- State of conflict
- Who provoked the Maharashtra violence and
- How it got out of hand must be determined
- Two hundred years ago, Battle of Koregaon was fought on 1 January 1818 between the British East India Company and the Peshwa faction of the Maratha Confederacy, at Koregaon Bhima
- British, defeated the massive Peshwa army, led by Peshwa Bajirao II, in Koregaon.
- This battle has, since, attained legendary stature in Dalit history
- Victory of the Mahars against the injustices perpetuated by the Brahminical Peshwas
- Vijay Sthamb (victory pillar)
- Battle’s 200th anniversary which led to the death of one?
- A planned attack
- Other Side view
- Bounced Cheques is slang for a check that cannot be processed because the account holder has non-sufficient funds (NSF)- Not exceed 20% of the amount of the cheque
- The Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2017
- Series of amendments to the Negotiable InstrumentsAct, 188.
Prelims Focus Facts-News Analysis
- Page-1– After four decades,India gets a Kashmiri •film
- But Kashmir Daily won’t hit the big screen in the Valley as there are no functioning cinema halls there
- This Friday, for the •first time in 45 years, a Kashmiri
feature lm,shot and produced entirely in the Valley, will hit cinema halls outside Kashmir.\
- Kashmir Daily explores the themes of drug addiction and unemployment in Kashmir.
- The fact that the lm was produced in a place with no
cinema halls and no lm industry.
- age-7-Why no human rights courts yet, SC asks States
- Court says dignity of child should be protected
- Orphanages trafficking children under their care, the Supreme Court
- Decided to step in to protect the dignity of child
- Supreme Court Bench led by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra observed in its order
- Violation of human rights.
- The court highlighted how the Human Rights Law of 1993
- National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR).
- Lok Sabha passes Bill to hike salaries of judges
- Increase is in line with the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission
- Centre introduces 7.75% taxable savings bonds
- Bonds designed to help citizens invest in a taxable instrument,
without any monetary ceiling.
- Instruments would be available for sale from January 10, 2018.
- The bonds will, however, be exempt from wealth tax under theWealthTax Act, 1957
- China to keep ‘around 6.5%’ growth goal
- 2018 growth target, to be unveiled in March, unchanged from last year’s: sources.
- Page-13– SEBI widens net inWhatsApp probe
- Many as 40 listed firms may come under scanner for possible leaks of price-sensitive information
- probe relates to individuals — analysts, brokers, investment advisors and company officials sharing unpublished price sensitive information (UPSI) — on WhatsApp groups before such information is disclosed to the stock exchanges, as per regulatory requirement