WHY SUCH A CAMPAIGN AGAINST PAKISTAN SPECIFICALLY?
1) Accused of being perverts
- British-Pakistani Lord Nazir was found guilty of a serious sexual assault against a boy and the attempted rape of a young girl.
- A 34-year-old Pakistani national named Imran Khan attempted to rape a minor girl and 3 young women in Athens.
- He was later arrested from a cafe by the officials of the Security Sub Directorate of Southeast Attica.
Minor sexual abuse : Huge problem in Pakistan
2) Illegal immigration
- Tens of thousands of illegal Pakistani migrants arrive in Turkey through land route via Iran, in search of a more prosperous future and also in their quest to cross into Europe.
- At any time, there are 3,000-5,000 Pakistani detainees at various detention centres.
- This has created large scale unrest in Turkey which is already under the strain of refugee influx from Syria and Afghanistan.
- What distinguishes the Pakistani immigrants from the other immigrants is their total disregard for Turkish culture, values and women.
3) Indulge in other Criminal Activities
- Illegal Pakistan immigrants are also found indulging in gang wars and other illegal crimes including human and narco-trafficking and ransom kidnapping of tourists visiting Turkey.
- Turkish police shared footage from a hostage rescue operation in Istanbul.
- The six suspects got arrested on charges of abduction of four Nepalese nationals.
Criminals in UK
- Pakistan nationals make up the 7th largest number of foreign criminals in prisons in England and Wales totalling nearly 3% of the foreign national offender population.
- Since January 2019 the UK has removed 10,741 foreign national offenders globally (to year ending December 2021).
- A Pakistani worker was shot in the head in Greece in a suspected hate crime ahead of a key appeal trial involving the notorious neo-Nazi group Golden Dawn, an anti-racism group said.
- The UK government’s “Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Amendment) (High-Risk Countries) Regulations 2021” came into effect as part of actions in a post-Brexit Britain where the country had to determine its ‘high-risk’ nations.
4) Staying illegally (after visa expiration etc)
- This is the fifth returns agreement the Home Secretary has signed in 15 months delivering for the British public through the New Plan for Immigration.
- Priti Patel met with the Interior Secretary, Yousaf Naseem Khokhar and the Pakistan High Commissioner to the UK, Moazzam Ahmad Khan, to sign the reciprocal agreement.
Why UK desperately tried to legalise this deal now ?
Legal warning Given by UK to Pakistan
Stringent steps by Turkey too
- According to Arab News, “the Turkish government has tightened the visa policy for Pakistanis after ‘crimes’ reportedly involving Pakistanis.”
- The report further added that the issuance of temporary residence permits for Pakistanis has also been stopped.
Will this UK deal be affecting all the Pakistani Nationals in UK ?
- UK’s High Commissioner to Pakistan Christian Turner had said that the UK has been sending foreign criminals to Pakistan for about 10 years under Mutual Legal Assistance (MLA) and on an individual case basis but this is the first time a formal state-to-state level agreement has been signed.
- This is the fifth returns agreement the UK Home Office has signed in 15 months under its “New Plan for Immigration”.
- The UK has signed similar agreements with India, Nigeria, and Albania.
- Turkey also agitated about Irresponsible immigration of Pakistan and their stance
- There have been a spate of crimes and kidnapping wherein Pakistani immigrants/refugees involvement has been confirmed.
- To add fuel to the fire, the Pakistan origin Urdu head of Turkish Radio- Television Corporation (TRT), Furcian Hameed stated that the “frustration of Turkish youth due to unemployment and other problems sometimes biased their behaviour towards foreigners”.
- Pakistan’s attitude towards Turkey is the news article in Pakistan newspaper Dawn
Q) Which country hosted the multinational peacekeeping exercise ‘Ex Khaan Quest 2022’?
Latest Burning Issues | Free PDF