- continuing without interruption; ceaseless, unending
- Sharp or biting to the taste or smell; bitterly pungent; irritating to the eyes, nose, etc.
- Extremely or sharply stinging or bitter; exceedingly caustic:
- Caused by or showing sincere remorse.
- Filled with a sense of guilt and the desire for atonement; penitent:
- A sepulchral monument erected in memory of a deceased person whose body is buried elsewhere.
- to draw out or lengthen, especially in time; extend the duration of; prolong.
- to extend or protrude.
- A society characterized by human misery, as squalor, oppression, disease, and overcrowding.