- Aishwarya Sheoran, a former Miss India finalist and an ace model has proved that one can achieve what one desires.
- It was her dream to become an IAS officer which has now come true after she has qualified UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019. Aishwarya has secured 93rd rank in CSE 2019.
- “My mother named me Aishwarya after Aishwarya Rai because she wanted me to become Miss India, and I was eventually chosen in the top 21 finalists for Miss India,” said Aishwarya while talking to the reporters after her name appeared in the list.
- Aishwarya Sheoran said that she always wanted to be a Civil Servant and it was her dream. So she took a break from her modelling career to try for Civil Services Exam and she succeeded.
- She was always good in academics as per her. She did not take up any coaching classes to clear the exam.
- When asked how she managed to study in such a tight schedule she said, “I had to switch off my phone, social media, everything, to focus on the exam and the result is here.
- But it’s not that I suddenly generated interest in studies. I was always studious.”
- Aishwarya Sheoran was the head girl of her school. She was a science student who later got admission in Sri Ram College of Commerce. Her father Colonel Ajay Kumar, is the Commanding Officer of NCC Telangana Battalion, Karimnagar.
- Aishwarya says, I thought I should try for civil services for diversity in the family and the ultimate idea is to serve the nation. In the army, there are opportunities for women to grow, but it is still very limited. In civil services, there is no limit to what a woman can achieve.”